In 2017, 14 million graduates entered the job market - these degrees could help you stand out from the crowd.
As if choosing the perfect degree wasn’t already enough of a challenge, the ultra-competitive UK job market means students also need to seriously consider whether their chosen qualification has enough of a demand to lead to actual job opportunities. Fresh Student Living have looked into the 10 most employable degrees and the sectors they fall into.
In 2017, 14 million graduates entered the job market. These are the degrees most likely to land them a job in 2018:
Medicine and Dentistry: 99% of all medicine and dentistry students land a job within six months of leaving uni.
Veterinary Science: This degree holds its own in the employment stakes with 98% of graduates finding work within six months after graduating.
Subjects Allied to Medicine: These degrees are not only some of the most popular, but also have an employability rate of 95% within six months of graduating.
A huge 99% of all medicine and dentistry students land a job within six months of leaving uni.
Architecture, Building & Planning: When it comes to graduate prospects, 90% of students find employment within six months of graduating.
Education: 90% of all teaching graduates land a job within six months of graduating as there is always a need for teachers.
Engineering: Another sought-after degree, graduates can look forward to employment rates of 85% within six months of graduating.
Computer Science: A computer science degree means a broad and diverse job market, including programming, virtual reality and even AI. Huge demand for these roles results in a success rate of 80% within six months of graduating.
Mathematical Sciences: Maths graduates are highly employable, especially in the IT or finance sectors. Graduates with this degree can enjoy an employability rate of 79%.
Business and Administrative Studies: 75% of graduates with this versatile degree are in full-time employment within six months of graduation.
Law: Students with law degrees are quickly snapped up with an employment rate of 74% within six months of graduation.
- Careers mentoring app goes national
- Average employee spends over six working days a year slagging off their boss
- Universities say they’ll take more disadvantaged Students
- Degree Apprenticeships & Higher Apprenticeships celebrated in Manchester
- The National Apprenticeship Service wants apprentices to tell them about their experiences…via text
- Competition for Apprenticeships Toughens as Results Day Approaches
- The new computer game that could improve your GCSE grades
- Government Announces ‘Tech Levels’
- Fund launched to help young people facing enterprise postcode lottery
- Over 70% of Parents think University is Unaffordable