Terms & conditions
The term ‘All About Careers Ltd’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ or AllAboutCareers.com’ or ‘AllAboutLaw.co.uk’ or ‘AllAboutLLMs.com’ or ’AllAboutFinanceCareers.com’ or ‘AllAboutSchoolLeavers.co.uk’ or ‘MyCareerSpringboard.org’ refers to the owner of the websites whose registered office is 170 Shepherdess Walk, London, N1 7JL. Our company registration number is 06527117. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of these websites is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on these websites for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on these websites is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through these websites meet your specific requirements.
- These websites contain material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, graphics and written content. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in these websites, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- You may not reproduce any part of this site in whole or in part for any reason whatsoever, and such breach will be considered a breach of copyright. Unauthorised use of these websites may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time-to-time, these websites may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of these websites and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
- Use of all parts of the site must be civil and tasteful.
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account. Contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- Forum posts and other comments within the website must contain no unlawful or objectionable content. Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- If you use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting any of the aforementioned websites you may have action taken against your accounts.
- No spamming or off-topic material. We don’t allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your questions more than once or contribute off-topic material.
- No advertising.
- No impersonation.
- Deliberate misuse of the forum, blogs, comments, discussions or contact us facility is not permitted. If you persist in doing this, action may be taken against your account.
- We will send you regular updates via email. You have the options to opt out of receiving emails from All About Careers Ltd or those we send on behalf of our clients.
- We advise that you never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else in the forum or on any other public part of the site (for example: telephone number, home address or email address), and please do not include postal addresses of any kind. If you have any helpful information to share that may or may not be deemed confidential, please inform All About Careers Ltd using the 'Contact Us' link, and they will promote it if they see fit.
- You may not submit any defamatory or illegal material of any nature on AllAboutCareers.com
- Contributing material with the intention of committing or promoting an illegal act is strictly prohibited.
- The views expressed on the All About Careers Ltd group of websites from of the public and are not necessarily those of All About Careers Ltd.
All About Careers Ltd reserves the right to moderate all forum posts or comments that are submitted. If you fail to abide by these rules (and/or any variations in the relevant local house rules) when using AllAboutCareers.com, you will be sent an e-mail which informs you why your contribution has not been accepted. This mail will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account. This action may include a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate in any or all areas of the All About Careers Ltd group of websites.
If you post or send offensive or inappropriate content anywhere on or to any of the All About Careers Ltd group of websites or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on the All About Careers Ltd group of websites, and if All About Careers Ltd considers such behaviour to be serious and/or repeated, All About Careers Ltd may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further such infringements.
All About Careers Ltd reserves the right to delete any review, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
All About Careers Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
All About Careers Ltd may change this policy from time-to-time by updating this page. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 20.01.2011 and was updated on 08.10.2012.
If you have any questions please email us at:
What we collect...
We may collect the following information:
- Name and career aspirations;
- Contact information, including email address;
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers;
- Your use of the site, including which pages you visit most frequently, how long you remain on the site and your general site habits;
- Other information you choose to input in your profile or other parts of the site.
What we do with the information we gather…
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- We may use the information to improve our products and services;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- From time-to-time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
- We also use this information to allow our advertisers to target particular groups based on particular users’ general trends, i.e. this page, X, is the most popular page for first year law students;
- We may sell aggregate information from time-to -time about our users.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites…
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your profile on any of the All About Careers Ltd group of websites will only be shared with other people that you have opted to share it with, by adding or accepting them as a friend.
For all users under the age of 18 the default setting is private.
People aged under the age of 13 are not permitted to register with any of the All About Careers Ltd group of websites [AllAboutCareers.com or AllAboutLaw.co.uk or AllAboutLLMs.com or AllAboutFinanceCareers.com or AllAboutSchoolLeavers.co.uk or MyCareerSpringboard.org] and should we become aware that any site users under 13 are using the site, we will remove their profile and the personal data that we have collected.
Any personal information you choose to share on the site is at your own risk. Minors aged 13–17 should seek advice and permission from their parents or guardians before sharing personal information.
Controlling your personal information…
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting, if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to 170 Shepherdess Walk, Angel Wharf, London, N1 7JL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us, or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
A cookie is a small file, which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can find out more about cookies and how to disable them here: