She’s an actress, so she knows how to land a top role.
In the know when it comes to playing the role, Love Island’s Samira Mighty has partnered with JOB TODAY to put together 5 tips for what not to do in a job interview:
1 – Don’t lie on your CV
It will only come back to haunt you! No but honestly, you never quite realise how everyone knows everyone in the industry, so lying about your last job could come back to bite you.
2 – Wear fitting clothes
You want to look smart and fresh for your interview… anything loose could lead to a wardrobe malfunction which is the last thing you need…
3 – If you’re really ill, stay home & chill
No one wants to see you if you’re coughing up a storm or sniffling every five seconds; rearrange the interview and ace it next time.
4 – Present your best self
They’re going to make their mind up on you within the first three seconds, so fix up, look sharp.
5 – Do your homework
Do some stalking on social media, check the company Instagram and Twitter accounts to get a feel for who they are!
"My overall advice would be to always be yourself on paper and in the interview, otherwise you’ll have a hard time keeping up the pretense.”
“Before Love Island I starred in a number of West End musicals, but in between theatre and film work, like every performer, I held a number different of retail jobs, so I know first-hand how tough applying for a job can be.
"My overall advice would be to always be yourself on paper and in the interview, otherwise you’ll have a hard time keeping up the pretense,” says Samira Mighty.
Co-Founder of JOB TODAY, Polina Montano, a true business trailblazer who is transforming recruitment for casual jobs, adds: “We’ve all had an interview go wrong, but it’s important to pick yourself up and learn from your mistakes. Our tips may seem simple but the statistics show that people still make silly mistakes that can easily be avoided.”
- Be a real-life James Bond with these apprenticeships
- Majority of UK employees work during time off: how can school leavers entering the job market avoid this?
- Top 5 school leaver tips for a career in fashion
- Heat wave: Britain's best-paying outdoor jobs revealed
- Tinie Tempah’s Music Industry Tips
- School Leaver Awards 2018: Spotlight on Morrisons
- School Leaver Awards 2018: Spotlight on Moore Stephens
- Top Employers for School & College Leavers Awards: finalists announced
- Accounting Tech Level Available in September 2014
- School Leaver Awards 2018: Spotlight on BB Training Academy