Considering a school leaver scheme or Higher Apprenticeship? Wondering which companies are offering the best opportunities for you? Cue your guiding star: we’re proud to announce the winners of the Top Employers for School and College Leavers Awards 2013! So who triumphed on the big night?
Top employers for school and college leavers, assemble!
On Wednesday 17 April 2013 here at AllAboutSchoolLeavers.co.uk we shined our shoes, cracked out the suits and practised our handshakes forthe awards ceremony of the year: our Top Employers for School and College Leavers 2013!
The Awards were created to provide you with all you need to know about which employers have the best school leaver programmes, including who has the best training, support and career progression. Representatives from some the UK’s biggest companies, School or College Leaver of the Year finalists and Skills Minister Matthew Hancock MP gathered at the prestigious awards ceremony. Complete with a speech from Skills Minister in support of school leaver schemes, the evening recognised the country’s best programmes.
And the winners are…
(Insert the essential X Factor suspense pause…) Visa Europe bagged the top prize, the Top Employer for School and College Leavers Award, for their exceptional Higher Apprenticeships. The victors in the other categories were:
- PwC for Best School & College Leaver Recruitment Website;
- Capgemini for Best Career Progression;
- Ernst & Young for Best Use of Social Media in a School & College Leaver Recruitment Campaign;
- Gordons LLP for both Best Job Satisfaction and Best Training;
- Visa Europe for Best Level of Support.
One of the evening’s most exciting prizes was the School or College Leaver of the Year Award, which recognises someone who is currently undertaking a school leaver programme, Higher Apprenticeship or sponsored degree. Joshua Foster from CGI’s Sponsored Degree Programme won this year for his outstanding client and university work, as well as his contributions to charity initiatives. Massive congratulations, Joshua!
AllAboutSchoolLeavers.co.uk would like to congratulate all of this year’s fantastic winners and runners-up. The evening was a landmark in highlighting the value of school leaver programmes both to these companies, and to the talented young people who choose this route. As Jack Denton, co-founder of AllAboutSchoolLeavers explains: “we hope that the awards ceremony will encourage ambitious school leavers everywhere to consider this excellent career path.”
Click here to find out more about the Top Employers for School & College Leavers
- School Leaver Awards 2018: Spotlight on Morrisons
- The five most secure careers in the UK
- The 4 coolest new Tech Levels
- Vital statistics: where should you move for your career?
- The Top Employers for School & College Leavers Awards Are Coming…
- Spotlight on Perdi Williams: award-winning NPL scientist and former apprentice
- University Applications Up 3.5%: Which university courses are the most popular?
- Top Ten Gap Year Destinations
- How to get to sleep: dos and don’ts
- Why aren’t Millennials interested in cyber careers?