Check out the impressive range of industries that offer Advanced Apprenticeships, as well as some of the roles and jobs that school leavers could access through an apprenticeship.
You can do Advanced Apprenticeships in all sorts of areas and industries with all types of companies. On an Advanced Apprenticeship, you’ll spend most of the time working for an employer and learning on-the-job, but you’ll also spend some time at a training institution or local college, gaining qualifications at Level 3. These will include a Level 3 Competence qualification, a Functional Skills qualification and a relevant knowledge-based qualification.
This is the same for all Advanced Apprenticeships, but there is a wide range of industries and specialisms to choose from. On the government website (which lists every single official apprenticeship in the country) there are Advanced Apprenticeship vacancies in the industries listed below.
Construction, Planning and the Built Environment: for example, surveying or civil engineering.
Leisure, Travel and Tourism: for example, coaching or leisure operations and management.
Agriculture, Horticulture and Animal Care: for example, environmental conservation or game and wildlife management.
Arts, Media and Publishing: for example, journalism or sound recording, engineering and studio facilities.
Business, Administration and Law: for example campaigning or recruitment.
Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies: for example, print and printed packaging or jewellery and silversmithing.
Retail and Commercial Enterprise: for example, catering or spa therapy.
Health, Public Services and Care: for example, custodial care or pharmacy services.
Education and Training: for example, learning and development or supporting teaching and learning in physical education.
Information and Communication Technology: IT application specialist and IT, software, web and telecoms.
After completing an Advanced Apprenticeship, you might go on to do a Higher Apprenticeship or secure a related job in the same industry.
More articles like this
- How much will I earn on an Advanced Apprenticeship?
- Doing an Advanced Apprenticeship in engineering
- What skills do Advanced Apprenticeships develop?
- How hard is it to get an Advanced Apprenticeship?
- Graphic design apprenticeships: Advanced Apprenticeship
- FE college vs. Advanced Apprenticeships
- Advanced Apprenticeships - What industries can I work in?
- What is the equivalent of an Advanced Apprenticeship?
- Public services apprenticeships: doing an Advanced Apprenticeship
- Digital media apprenticeships: doing an Advanced Apprenticeship