Is your final frontier your big school leaver options decision? Forget rockets; the National Space Academy have launched a new space engineering Higher Apprenticeship. If you’re into all things space, physics and engineering, the new space engineering Higher Apprenticeship on offer from the National Space Academy in conjunction with Loughborough College and the University of Leicester could be a way for you blast off a career in the UK space industry…
The National Space Academy, Loughborough College and the University of Leicester have worked together to develop the first ever undergraduate degree level space engineering apprenticeship. The programme will set up its participants with the technical skills and knowledge they need to pursue a career in an industry which will reportedly be worth around £30 billion in the next 20 years.
There will be around 100 places available for the Higher Apprenticeship each year.
The Director of the National Space Academy education programmes, Anu Ojha, said: "One of the major potential hurdles that could stifle the space sector's growth is a lack of high-level technical entrants. These Higher Apprenticeships will tackle this issue head on, strengthening the industry through these academically rigorous, sector-specific programmes with a focus on stimulating progression from Advanced Level into degree-level vocational pathways."
- School leaver blog: rising rents, the implications of Brexit for school leavers and more
- Apprenticeships could save young people from a life of crime, says London youth worker
- UK universities slip in world rankings
- Money worries are driving school leavers straight into work
- Lancaster Royal Grammar School Win the EY Arcade
- School leaver blog: technical qualifications, labour rights, and racism at university
- Kickstart your Career with Camden Apprenticeships!
- The government really, really wants you to get a summer job
- National Apprenticeship Week 2017: the ‘ladder of opportunity’
- The London Professional Apprenticeship (LPA): New Year, New Scheme!