National Apprenticeship Week (NAW) is designed to celebrate apprenticeships and the positive impact they have on individuals, businesses and the wider economy.
This year NAW, co-ordinated by the National Apprenticeship Service, is all about:
- Getting more small businesses to take on apprentices
- Promoting the range and breadth of apprenticeships on offer, including at Higher level and in blue chip companies
- Celebrating apprenticeships and the level of success that learners can achieve
Here are some surprising facts about apprenticeships:
- 1,000 businesses are now involved in designing the new apprenticeship standards
- There are 1,500 different apprenticeships on offer in more than 170 industries
- The government invested £1.5bn in apprenticeships in 2013 to 2014
- Businesses see an increase in productivity by £214 a week when they hire apprentices
If you were impressed by any of those points then keep checking out our News section all week: we’ll be bringing you the essential edit for NAW 2015.