Project and Programme controls is a core Mace discipline and typical of our larger commissions in sectors like aviation, infrastructure and energy. It was central to the delivery of major projects and programmes such as the London 2012 Olympic Games, Highways England, Ministry of Justice, Heathrow Expansion and HS2.
We are responsible for efficient, joined-up delivery of a complex series of projects, constantly gathering and analysing the performance data required to effectively manage a project, programme or portfolio. This performance data includes financial information about contracts, progress data from contractors, risk data and other data that enables the project or programme managers to direct the work.
Project controls encompasses the associated disciplines that allow timely and accurate reporting of key data to allow decisions to be made with confidence.
As a Project Controls Apprentice you will play a key supporting role in the delivery of our services to our clients. Initially, working alongside more senior project controls staff and/or Project Controls Managers, you will be responsible for gathering, sorting, analysing and presenting a wide variety of information and data relating to the projects you have been assigned to.
Your role will be focused on the set up and execution of processes that predict, understand and constructively influence the desired outcomes of a project or programme, through the communication of information to assist effective decision making.
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Recording and understanding scope definition
- Management of a work breakdown structure
- Planning and scheduling and recording progress on site
- Cost control
- Forecasting outcomes by time and cost
- Change control
- Risk management
- Writing procedures and creating process flow charts
- General project administration
- Document management
- Interface management
- Extensive data management and integrating departmental systems through common coding structures
- Stakeholder management
- Producing reports on all of the above
Project Controls apprenticeships are available in various locations including London, the Midlands, North West and South West UK .
Project controls apprentices are supported in working to achieve either a Level 4 Diploma in Project Management or a Level 3 Project Controls Technician apprenticeship. We will be deciding which qualification will enable you to get the best construction project controls training and is the most relevant course to help you develop in the role.
· 112 UCAS points from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at MMM grade or above
· Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and english (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
· We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
· Strong numerical skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong attention to detail
· The ability to work effectively in a team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills