Want to develop your administration skills whilst gaining hands-on, real-world work experience? This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an international business where the work you'll do is varied, interesting and makes a vital contribution to creating a safe and secure world.
About the programme
As an Administration Apprentice, you’ll be part of our Business Support community, playing a critical role in ensuring that the day-to-day operations of our business are efficient and effective.
On this 2-year apprenticeship, you'll provide support across various departments, developing skills like customer service, diary management, document control, and event coordination.
During your first year, you'll complete three 4-month placements in different areas to gain broad experience. In your second year, you'll embark on a 12-month placement in an agreed business area, to expand your skills and define your career path.
Throughout your apprenticeship, you could be involved in projects like designing marketing materials for careers events or researching and collating information for internal use. You'll also work on team projects to build your communication, problem-solving and project management capabilities.
By the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll be ready to take on roles such as Personal Assistant, Document Controller, Project Administrator and more.
The administration skills you gain could take you anywhere in the business. Some of our apprentices are now in positions such as Business Change Manager, Supply Chain Development Manager and Communications Business Partner.
You'll study to obtain the Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard.
With support from your college tutor, you'll develop customer service, communication, time management, and other essential business skills.
What you’ll need
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C/4 or equivalent including Maths and English
- Strong communication abilities and excellent organisational skills are also essential.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS (Baseline security) and many of them require you to be eligible for full Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
- Fully funded qualification
- Personal development training and opportunities
- Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.