Are you looking to kick-start your career in vehicle engineering? Join our 3-year Vehicle Engineering Technical Apprenticeship and you’ll help deliver vehicles for the UK Government and Met Police Service.
About the programme
It’s an exhilarating programme where you'll have the chance to work on a variety of important projects - from electric vehicle conversion and armoured vehicle manufacturing to vehicle painting, welding, and fabrication.
You'll be based in Walsall but with the opportunity to work from other sites to broaden your experience. Here's what you'll learn and do:
● Health and safety practices
● Business improvement techniques
● Milling, turning, and hand fitting
● Electronic assembly and electrical wiring
● Fluid power, design drawing, and mathematics for engineering
● Understanding electrical/mechanical principles and metrology (measurement).
Completing this apprenticeship, you’ll be well on your way to becoming an Electrical Vehicle Technician, converting vehicles for the UK Government and Police.
You'll be studying for a Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Product Design and Development through the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC). This apprenticeship comprises a 4-phase period with annual phase gateways to confirm your progression.
What you’ll need
● Typically, 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above, including English, Maths and a Science or Technology-based subject.
● Apprentices without level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level before taking the end-point assessment.
● Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
● Fully funded qualification
● Personal development training and opportunities
● Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
● Competitive pension scheme
● Employee share scheme
● Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.