Did you know that just one aero engine is made up of around 30,000 parts? 80% of these parts are bought from external suppliers by our procurement experts. But it’s not just engine parts - anything we can’t make ourselves, from IT, to training services, to new buildings, to catering services, to consumables – our Procurement teams negotiate, buy and manage it all.
Through your apprenticeship you’ll get involved in selecting suppliers, negotiating the best deals, agreeing contracts, and then making sure that the cost, quality and delivery time are all as agreed. Whether you’re helping purchase the parts for a highly efficient jet engine, a building, IT systems or training services, you’ll be learning every day. Once your apprenticeship has been completed, you could have the chance to move straight into a Buyer role, negotiating deals and managing our highly complex portfolio of suppliers. Later in your career, you might be working on setting our future buying strategy and delivering important cost saving opportunities.
Over 3.5 – 4.5 years you’ll learn to select suppliers, negotiate deals, agree contracts and deliver, whether it’s for jet engine parts, a building, IT systems or training services. You’ll learn from expert colleagues, while studying part time for a Level 4 Procurement Apprenticeship.
What you’ll do
Whether you’re helping purchase the parts for a highly efficient jet engine, a building, IT systems or training services, you’ll be learning on the job every day. At the completion of your apprenticeship, you could have the chance to move straight into a Buyer role, negotiating deals and managing our highly complex portfolio of suppliers. Later in your career, you might be working on setting our future buying strategy and delivering important cost-saving opportunities.
For the first one to two years, you’ll work in various placements across the business, building your knowledge of the Procurement function to enable you to progress onto the formal level 4 training as soon as you’re ready. This will be either at the end of year 1 or year 2.
Once you’re working towards the formal qualification, you’ll continue to work in various placements, gaining all of the required skills and knowledge to complete your apprenticeship.
What you’ll need
- Five GCSEs including Maths and English Language at a grade 4/C.
- 64 UCAS points (obtained or predicted) from:
- Two A Levels in any subject at a grade C, excluding General Studies.
- A Level 3 BTEC in any subject.
You’ll also need strong communication, organisational and problem-solving skills. You’ll need to be an agile thinker who’s passionate about data and digital, and who loves working as part of a team in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
What you’ll get
- A competitive starting salary with annual pay rises
- A Level 4 Procurement Apprenticeship
- 33 days’ holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Competitive pension
- A choice of voluntary benefits including discounts at nationwide stores, gyms, discounted health care, free digital GP, Cycle to Work scheme and more all available on our TotalReward portal
- Continuous learning and development
- Support from managers, leaders, mentors and other apprentices
- Opportunities to develop beyond your day-to-day role and get involved in social activities
- An independent, 24-hour, confidential counselling service
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 29th February 2024 by 14:00 [GMT]
At Rolls-Royce, we recruit apprentices based on merit, and regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, race/colour/nationality/ethnic or national origins, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation.