Who is Leonardo?
Leonardo is global company working at the forefront of engineering and technology.
The Company is respected around the world for delivering innovative technological solutions in environments where failure is not an option.
Our teams of expert and passionate professionals are responsible for developing equipment and systems that provide:
- armed forces with the situational awareness to deliver operational effectiveness and return home safely
- emergency services with the tools to communicate and collaborate in order to rescue those in peril on land or in the sea
- security teams with the means to identify, track and protect against threats to our critical national infrastructure and way of life
- international space programmes with ability to understand more about our planet and the very fabric of our universe
Our customers’ operational requirements continually evolve and therefore demand cutting-edge technology combined with a performance and reliability that is unsurpassed.
To deliver against these challenges, we are looking to work with those individuals who are striving to fully realise their potential and in doing so, make a difference to the World in which they live.
Investing in the Future
At Leonardo, we employ more than 4,000 people across the UK with sites in Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton and Southampton. We are continually expanding and are delighted to offer a range of exciting opportunities through our award winning Apprenticeship Programme. We require the very best of the UK’s engineering talent to work at the forefront of technology within world-leading engineering teams.
If you are willing to challenge yourself, to stretch your boundaries, to apply your mind to the solution of challenging problems, join our accredited apprentice programme and ensure you give yourself the best foundation for your engineering career. You will be learning while working alongside the people that create cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
The 4 year Apprentice Programme
On joining the Leonardo Apprentice Programme, you will unlock a wealth of learning and development opportunities. We have created a programme that not only increases your technical skills and capability through hands on experience working with specialists in their field but also develops your academic and practical understanding of the diverse world that is Cyber Security. You will become part of a programme that is managed and tailored to provide a springboard into the world of professional engineering. Our programme is split into 2 phases:
Years 1 and 2:
Through a mixture of work placements and specially selected college modules you will develop the key skills and knowledge to work effectively in a high technology company, gaining the necessary academic credits for an NC in Cyber Security and vocational credits for your Extended Diploma NVQ.
Year 3 and 4:
You will be selected through a combination of academic/vocational progress to transfer onto one of our skill specific paths, which include:
- Network Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Cyber Analytics
- Beyond the programme there may be the opportunity for apprentices to further their academic achievements based on their talents, capability and on the needs of the business.
Cyber Security Apprentice
Join the successful Leonardo Security Operations Centre (SOC) team for a diverse apprenticeship in the field of Cyber Security. Successful candidates will be trained in the specialisms of Protective Monitoring, Incident Response, Forensics, Malware Analysis, ICT Administration and Service Delivery.
You will experience a variety of technologies and by the end of the apprenticeship successful candidates will be fully certified Operations Analysts helping to protect our client's networks.
- Protective Monitoring - You will be responsible for analysing network, application and system log events in order to identify any potentially abnormal system behaviours and raise them as incidents for investigation. These will then be investigated with others to establish if these are expected events or a security threat whereby they will be escalated to appropriate customer or technical resources for remedial action.
- Incident Response - Supporting the team in undertaking in-depth incident investigations, analysing malware, conducting forensics investigations and background threat research.
- ICT Administration - Supporting the ICT infrastructure that underpins the SOC and our client based monitoring points. Also, you will be responsible for maintaining security devices including the deployment of detection signatures and patches.
- Service Delivery - You will be involved in all aspects of service delivery including, reporting, change management, service reviews, configuration management and Service Level Agreements.
What do we need from you?
You must have (as a minimum) the following qualifications:
5 x GCSE grade A* - C, to include English and Maths or equivalents
- An active interest in software systems/engineering and/or secure communications and Information systems and/or system security architecture and/or malware.
- The ability to think analytically and solve problems
- Team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Other needs:
- a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
- Successfully complete SC security clearance
What’s in it for you?
Leonardo values its people. As a result, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits packages.
These offer the opportunity to:
- Earn while you Learn
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 3 performance related pay reviews in the two years following your apprenticeship
- Work in Flexible & Diverse Work Environment
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days holiday plus flex days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Private healthcare (Contributory)
- Contribute to society
- The opportunity to actively promote engineering and science in the community and to represent the business in promoting opportunities with Leonardo
- Meet end-users and understand the value of the work you do
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- National Diploma
- NVQ Extended Diploma
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities in an office based environment. There may also be opportunities to travel between the different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may have the opportunity to travel.
What are you waiting for?
Choosing to start your career with Leonardo will be extremely rewarding. You will work alongside some of the most talented people in the UK and have real opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge working on some of industries most exciting and technically advanced projects.
See how you can make a difference – APPLY NOW