Who is Selex ESLeonardo?
Selex ESLeonardo is global company working at the forefront of engineering and technology.
The Company is respected around the world for delivering innovative technological solutions in environments where failure is not an option.
Our teams of expert and passionate professionals are responsible for developing equipment and systems that provide:
- armed forces with the situational awareness to deliver operational effectiveness and return home safely
- emergency services with the tools to communicate and collaborate in order to rescue those in peril on land or in the sea
- security teams with the means to identify, track and protect against threats to our critical national infrastructure and way of life
- international space programmes with ability to understand more about our planet and the very fabric of our universe
Our customers’ operational requirements continually evolve and therefore demand cutting-edge technology combined with a performance and reliability that is unsurpassed.
To deliver against these challenges, we are looking to work with those individuals who are striving to fully realise their potential and in doing so, make a difference to the World in which they live.
Investing in the Future
At Selex ESLeonardo, we employ more than 4,000 people across the UK with sites in Basildon, Bristol, Edinburgh, Luton and Southampton. We are continually expanding and are delighted to offer a range of exciting opportunities through our award winning Technical Apprenticeship Programme. We require the very best of the UK’s engineering talent to work at the forefront of technology within world-leading engineering teams.
If you are willing to challenge yourself, to stretch your boundaries, to apply your mind to the solution of challenging problems, join our accredited apprentice programme and ensure you give yourself the best foundation for your engineering career. You will be learning while working alongside the people that create cutting edge technology for a worldwide market.
The 4 year Technical Apprentice Programme
On joining the Selex ESLeonardo Technical Apprentice Programme, you will unlock a wealth of learning and development opportunities. We have created a programme that not only increases your technical skills and capability through hands on experience working with specialists in their field but also develops your academic and practical understanding of the diverse world that is engineering. You will become part of a programme that is managed and tailored to provide a springboard into the world of professional engineering. Our programme is split into 2 phases:
Years 1 and 2:
Through a mixture of work placements and specially selected college modules you will develop the key engineering skills and knowledge to work effectively in a high technology company, gaining the necessary academic credits for an NC in Engineering and vocational credits for your Extended Diploma NVQ.
Year 3 and 4:
You will be selected through a combination of academic/vocational progress to transfer onto one of our skill specific paths, which include:
- Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Quality Engineering
- Test Equipment Engineering
Beyond the programme there may be the opportunity for apprentices to further their academic achievements based on their talents and capability and on the needs of the business.
The apprentice will rotate around the different engineering placements on offer, gaining hands on experience while learning from those more experienced employees around them.
They will complete small work packages across the departments allowing them to get a thorough understanding of how each department contributes to the success of the company.
Towards the end of the Apprentice Training Scheme, individuals will be expected to focus on more specialised roles and undertake greater responsibilities in preparation for moving to a permanent role
- To follow company policies and procedures to ensure safe working at all times
- To record learning points throughout their apprenticeship, helping to gain knowledge and to build evidence for NVQ Assessment
- Timely completion of the NVQ course requirements is essential
- To follow set instructions and complete tasks promptly and efficiently
- To use the opportunity to develop their engineering skills
- A supervisor will be available to provide mentoring whilst the apprentice is part of the team
What do we need from you?
You must have (as a minimum) the following qualifications:
5 x GCSE grade A-C, to include English, Maths and Science or equivalents
- Ability to Achieve High Performance
- Want Continuous Improvement
- Develop Customer Focus
- Team Player
- Demonstrate Self Awareness & Confidence
- A passion for Technical Analysis, judgement & Problem Solving
- a minimum of 5 years permanent residency in the UK
- Successfully complete SC security clearance
What’s in it for you?
Selex ESLeonardo values its people. As a result, we offer comprehensive and competitive benefits packages.
These offer the opportunity to:
Earn while you Learn
- Competitive starting salary
- Annual incremental pay increases
- 3 performance related pay reviews in the two years following your apprenticeship
Work in Flexible & Diverse Work Environment
- Flexible working hours
- 33 days holiday plus flex days
- Subsidised gym membership
- Pension scheme (Contributory)
- Private healthcare (Contributory)
Contribute to society
- The opportunity to actively promote engineering and science in the community and to represent the business in promoting opportunities with Selex ESLeonardo
- Meet end-users and understand the value of the work you do
Nationally recognised qualifications
- National Diploma in General Engineering / Electrical Electronic Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Technical Support / Mechanical Manufacturing Engineering / Electrical Electronic Engineering
What can I expect from my working environment?
You will be working within world class facilities. Dependent on your role, you may be working in an office or lab environment or a combination of both. There may also be opportunities to travel between the different sites and to meet with customers and suppliers. Occasionally you may have the opportunity to travel.
What are you waiting for?
Choosing to start your career with Selex ESLeonardo will be extremely rewarding. You will work alongside some of the most talented people in the UK and have real opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge working on some of industries most exciting and technically advanced projects.
See how you can make a difference – APPLY NOW