Do you want to be part of something extraordinary? Something that not only gives you the opportunity to develop and grow your career, but offers excitement, challenge and intrigue at the same time making a difference to keeping our country, and everyone in it, safe?
That’s what the proud people of AWE have been doing for more than 70 years.
Our role in nuclear defence and what we do to support the UK’s nuclear deterrent, is vital in defending our country from the most extreme threats and to keeping the peace. From developing the warheads for the nuclear deterrent, to providing counter-terrorism and nuclear threat reduction solutions, the work we do is of global importance.
Working together with a team of remarkable people who achieve extraordinary things everyday, you too could be a part of something that makes a difference. How? The answer is AWE.
An Infrastructure Technician provides support to internal and external customers, helping them to be productive when using technology to do their own jobs, by using tools to problem solve and trouble shoot non routine problems. The Infrastructure Technician configures and maintains the systems which provide the infrastructure services to our customers when they need it, rectifying issues to ensure the organisations productivity.
You will be based in Aldermaston, near Reading
The desired skills and behaviours of level 3 Infrastructure Technician apprentices include:
- Good communication skills (i.e. technical speaking, active listening, professional writing, professional body language and technical presentation)
- Reliability with a high level of respect for confidentiality on work related and personal matters
- Good time management and organisational skills (i.e. planning and completing work to schedule)
- Open attitude towards receiving feedback
- Logical and creative thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and to take responsibility
- Committed to health & safety (i.e. personal, workplace, radiological and nuclear)
- Effective at following rules, procedures and principles
- Ability to maintain a productive, professional and secure working environment
- PC literate
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders (both internal and external)
- Preferably GCSE in Maths and English at Grade 4 or above (or equivalent)
Duration of training:
What we offer:
- We offer our apprentices a starting salary of £11,000
- A market leading contributory pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement and excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight. This means that every other Friday you won’t be required to work
Alongside these benefits you will get the opportunity to learn from some of the top leaders in their field whilst helping us to continue to deliver national nuclear security, threat reduction and counter-terrorism solutions.
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
You must be able to Join AWE in September 2022. We recruit on a rolling basis which means as soon as our positions have been filled, we close our applications. We look forward to hearing from you.
NOTE: If you currently hold a Level 3 Diploma in Engineering or similar, you should consider applying for a Degree level apprenticeship.