Mace has developed a UK leading information management team, who work on the creation and management of our projects’ digital twins. This role is to become an Apprentice within the group developing into an Information Manager and Technician.
The role is to provide accurate and timely administration and information management by controlling the numbering, filing, sorting and retrieval of electronically stored or hard copy documentation produced by Project, Design Teams / Consultants and Subcontractors on a project/s.
Assisting the Project and Senior Managers with maintaining information management standards, and assisting with information management staff allocation, recruitment and retention for the project. This includes supporting the development and management of information management systems, and improving the delivery of the information management function.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Reading, understanding and supporting the delivery of all Mace process & procedures guides
- Ensuring that all relevant project protocols are issued to the Project Team, Design Teams and Sub-contractors and adhered to.
- Learn fundamentals of authoring information.
- Quality Assure (QA) check all information (documents and data) coming onto the system daily and process in accordance with the project protocols.
- Creating and managing issue groups as per the agreed distribution matrices.
- Supporting the maintenance of the project work package list and ensure documents are being assigned to work packages and as per the Mace guidelines
- Running weekly reports on overdue actions and exceptions for Design Team, Subcontractors and Mace Managers.
- Conducting weekly audits of CDE (Common Data Environment) system to ensure all information has been captured, checked and distributed correctly.
- Administration of the CDE system to ensure companies and users have been added to the system and their permissions set up correctly as per the Mace guidelines.
- Working closely with the Mace Quality and Design teams on procedural elements and compliance with the management system.
- Supporting CDE training for project teams and information managers.
- Updating the CDE project protocols guide.
- Liaising with the client, designers contractors and throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensuring the relevant status codes are updated and the data is verified and validated by the relevant task teams
- You will gain exposure to computer software such as Conject, Revit, Navisworks and Sharepoint among others.
You will be supported through a Level 3 Digital Engineering Technician Qualification and further study opportunities could be presented to you upon completion.
Apprenticeship 2020 - Information Management - London