At Fieldfisher, people are vital to our success. Our clients choose us for our expertise, our understanding, and our insight. Without the support and fresh perspectives of our Trainees and Apprentices, this would not be possible.
However, it is not just about providing award winning, innovative advice, it is about our relationships with our clients and with each other – we pride ourselves on our Fieldfisher community. We are a caring, sharing bunch with huge numbers involved in Corporate Responsibility. We promote inclusiveness and diversity, encourage innovation and endorse collegiality every step of the way.
Among our clients, we count social media sites and high street coffee chains through to pharmaceutical, life sciences and medical devices companies, energy suppliers, banks and FTSE 100 companies.
We are looking for post A-level students dedicated to a career in law to join the firm in Autumn/Winter 2021, with a view to complete the Solicitor Apprenticeship Programme and qualify as a Solicitor.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking for an alternative to university and offers an alternative route to becoming a qualified lawyer in England & Wales outside of our training contract.
Our solicitor apprenticeship allows you to earn whilst you learn, with a structured programme, which is approximately six years in length. It combines paid work experience and training at a law firm with part-time study for a professional qualification.
The apprenticeship is an alternative path to going to University that offers the same career destination, but avoids the expensive fees.
What we offer
- Permanent employment; we want you to join us for a long-term career at Fieldfisher.
- Sponsorship of your qualification.
- Continuous learning and development in a supportive environment surrounded by leading lawyers and exciting clients.
- A range of sports teams, clubs, committees and networks to ensure you have fun along the way.
Key Skills & Experience
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Good planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Keen to learn, resilient and adaptable.
- 5 GCSEs, including Mathematics & English, grade C or above (or equivalent).
*Please note that any CVs submitted with your application will not be assessed in the formal marking criteria. Please ensure that you answer all of the additional questions to the best of your ability.*
Fieldfisher aims to ensure equality of opportunity and we are actively working towards improving the diversity of our staff. All applications will only be considered on merit and the applicant's suitability to meet the requirements of the role.