Help us conduct business the right way
We live in a fluid world and we’re a FTSE 100 company moving with the current, our vision is to become the UK’s leading water company. Achieving it will take, what we call, Fluid Thinking. As an Apprentice Solicitor you’ll get a unique insight into the way one of the UK’s biggest businesses functions, as well as how we adapt to rapid, large-scale changes.
What you'll be doing
We are offering a unique opportunity to qualify as a solicitor following a six-year degree apprenticeship programme of work-based learning and part-time study.
Throughout your training you will be based at our main office in Coventry.
This role has responsibility for helping the Severn Trent Legal team in providing legal advice to our colleagues in the business through:
- Acting ethically, with professionalism and judgement
- Progressing legal matters and transactions;
- Applying legal knowledge and commercial judgement to produce solutions which meet the business’ needs and achieving our commercial goals
- Deploying the full range of legal skills - research, interviewing and advising, advocacy, negotiation, drafting, communicating orally and in writing;
- Establishing and maintaining effective and professional relationships with colleagues and other people
- Managing yourself and your own work effectively.