Start date: Immediate start
As an Audit Apprentice, your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
During your first year, you will support an Audit Senior on-site at client premises. The senior will assign you work and will be with you in case you have any questions. You will gain exposure to a number of different industries and organisations, from privately owned business (POB) up to fully listed companies.
Your typical day will vary between:
- Learning to use audit software and systems;
- Checking a client’s financial information, purchase and sales invoices, payroll records, bank balances and statements;
- Nurturing client relationships through meetings and developing an understanding of their business/industry;
- Attending in-house training;
- Studying towards your professional qualification.
What we are looking for
We are looking for collaborative people who think creatively about their work and enjoy embracing challenges. Do you have?:
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity.
Strong academic performance is important so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results.
- Minimum of 112 UCAS points. This is based on the new 2017 UCAS Tariff. You can calculate your UCAS points here.
- Grade B or above in GCSE English Language and Maths.
Training & Support
We will fund for you to study towards the ACA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
We recognise that benefits are important to you and our aim at Mazars is to give you as much choice as possible and to allow you to benefit from our buying power. We offer core benefits to all employees – holiday, pension, life assurance and income protection insurance. Beyond that we want you to be able to choose benefits that you want, rather than have all benefits chosen for you.
As a Mazars employee you also have access to a range of voluntary benefits including a shopping-discount platform, discounted phone contracts, gym memberships and interest free season ticket loans.
“At Mazars, people matter. Everyone is different and we treat our people as individuals, playing to their strengths. We pride ourselves on nurturing and developing talent, helping our people fulfil their aspirations whatever they may be.”
Ian Wrightson, UK Executive, Head of People & Culture
We are a positively different international accountancy and advisory firm. With entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA, we differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
Mazars is among the top 10 accountancy firms within the UK with approximately 140 partners and over 1800 staff serving clients from 17 offices. With offices in more than 80 countries across six continents the opportunities to build and develop your career are infinite.