Drones that deliver medicines. A network powered 100% by renewable resources. Tech that tackles the digital divide & connects millions. Vodafone is creating the future – here and now. An Apprenticeship with us is your chance to make an impact in your career & the world.
Hands on-experience. Learn from experts. Earn a salary and a degree. All at once. Next up, an apprenticeship with Vodafone that can give you all of this, and more.
Start date: September 2022
Duration of Programme: 3 years
Starting salary: £21,500; with a yearly salary increase & bonus
Location: This role will be based in Birmingham (Small Heath). You can only make one application, so please ensure this is your location of choice for the role.
Application close date: 7th February 2022, however, we may close earlier if we have enough game-changing applications, so apply early!
About the Apprenticeship
We’re continually building and enhancing our best ever network that connects millions of people and businesses across the country. You’ll be a part of teams that make the magic happen in bringing Gigafast speed and innovation to our customers. Our culture is open for everyone and encourages our people to bring their own approach to maintaining and developing our network.
As a Networks Apprentice you could be;
- Helping to lead the engineering and delivery of voice & data services
- Coming up with new network solutions and commercial products like TV
- Getting hands on with installations and commissioning
- Helping constantly monitor the entire network
- Evolving our architecture of 5G, Oran & Cloud
You’ll develop into a Network Engineering expert who can plan, design, build and test networks, identify security risks and troubleshoot problems.
Complimenting your hands on experience, with a combination of digital and classroom-based learning, you’ll also take modules in Network Design & Troubleshooting, IP-Based Network Switching Systems, Cyber Security, Unified Communications, and more. The next few years at Vodafone are predicted to be even more thrilling than ever before, as networks become virtualized, predictive, self-adapting, and ever more intelligent – so there’s no better time to join & gain skills that help you keep millions connected, and enable people and business to change the world.
At the end of the 3 years, you’ll have a BSc (Hons) Degree in Digital & Technology Solutions, specialising in Network Engineering.
What you will need
- To be 18 years old or over as of 1 September 2022
- GCSE English & Maths at grade C or above (or equivalent qualifications)
- 3 A-Levels including ICT or Maths, gained by September 2022 (or equivalent qualifications in a similar subjects)
- A Level 3 Apprenticeship
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3
- A BTEC Extended Diploma (180 credits)
- To be eligible to work in the UK and not in full-time education
- To have lived in the UK and/or EU for three years or more
- To be willing to or be located in England for the duration of the Apprenticeship
You must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level in a similar subject (e.g. a degree or masters in a similar subject).
We're committed to recruiting the best people, whatever their background. If you have a disability, learning difficulty, medical condition or any other individual need, we'd be happy to talk to you about making reasonable adjustments to our application and selection process that will enable you to be your best.
Apprenticeships aren’t what they used to be. You could have entry level qualifications, or you might be interested in Advanced, Higher or Degree level apprenticeships. Whatever your plans, an Apprenticeship at Vodafone is your ideal next step. You’ll be trusted with exciting projects from day one, where you can learn, and make a genuine difference, all while being in an environment that empowers you & your development.
Next up - Innovation. Experience. Equality. And a salary, of course.
You’ll find it all, exclusive to Vodafone Apprenticeships.