Experience a fast and dynamic project environment as you own and deliver real projects. As a Project Management Degree Apprentice at Babcock, you’ll be making a difference to the world around you, supporting customers with world leading technologies and capabilities.
About the programme
Getting things to happen how they should, when they should, safely and within budget is both a science and an art. On this programme, you’ll learn exactly how it’s done.
As a Project Management Degree Apprentice, you will become an important part of our Project Management and Project Controls Discipline, working on a diverse range of projects where your output can make a real difference.
You’ll be bringing about benefits to our customers whilst always keeping time, cost, quality and risk in mind.
Your typical daily activities will include:
• preparing planning schedules and activities for review
• defining work packages
• reconciling and analysing data into useful information
• developing communication plans
• producing reports on delivery, cost and quality
• Collaborating with your teams to solve real world problems
• Budgeting and Resource Management
• Engaging with your customer to provide updates
Over the course of your 4-year programme, you will undertake 6 placements, giving you the opportunity to experience different areas of the business, developing an in-depth knowledge of project management and giving you the best head start for your career in Project Management.
Your placements can include placements in Project Controls, Project Planning, Risk Management, Production Management, Supply Chain Management, Commercial, In-Service Support, and operations, as well as many more opportunities.
Having completed your apprenticeship, you will be in a position to work within project teams and own work packages, driving forward the delivery of projects and well on your way to gain professional membership to the Association for Project Management.
You will attend the University Centre Weston on a weekly basis to study and gain qualifications in:
• Project Manager Qualification (PMQ), from the PMQ
• BSc in Project Management, from University West of England
Your technical training will be supplemented with in-house training courses and soft skill training to help you develop your personal and team working skills.
What you’ll need
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade B/6 or higher (or equivalent) including GCSE English and Maths at grade B/6 or higher.
• 3 A Levels at grade B/6 or above or an equivalent Level 3 qualification e.g., BTEC at Merit or Distinction.
• You’ll need to have strong communication skills, the ability to work well in a team, good organisational skills, attention to detail and of course, a passion for project management.
• Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
• Fully funded qualification
• Personal development training and opportunities
• Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
• Competitive pension scheme
• Employee share scheme
• Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Please be aware that if there is a high level of interest in this programme, applications may close earlier than advertised. To give yourself the best chance of being considered for a place on this programme, please submit your application as early as possible.