Fascinated by 3D design and digital engineering? Gain hands-on experience and a career that makes a difference through our 4-year Digital Engineering Technician Apprenticeship.
About the programme
Digital engineering is transforming design and construction through 3D modelling, virtual reality and more. By joining our apprenticeship, you'll gain coveted skills in this high-tech field and work on groundbreaking nuclear and defence projects.
You'll be part of a team, collaborating with designers and contractors. Through hands-on work and guidance from your experienced colleagues, you'll develop expertise in:
● BIM (Building Information Modelling) and CAD (Computer Aided Design)
● Design integration and coordination
● Visualisations and clash detection
● Ensuring compliance with safety standards and regulations
● Providing support across projects.
It's an exciting opportunity to gain real-world experience and become a valued member of project delivery teams.
By the end of your apprenticeship, you'll be a competent Digital Engineering Technician equipped to advance your career.
You'll study a Level 4 Digital Engineering Technician Apprenticeship at Wigan and Leigh College. This combines practical learning with theory related to digital engineering techniques and the built environment.
What you’ll need
● At least 5 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English and Science, and Maths at Grade 5 (B) or above.
● Strong communication and relationship-building abilities.
● Basic PC, Windows and Microsoft Office skills.
● Basic understanding of the software tools for 3D modelling, animations and visualisations.
● Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk).. For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
• Fully funded qualification
• Personal development training and opportunities
• Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
• Competitive pension scheme
• Employee share scheme
• Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond