Interested in becoming an elite welder creating safety-critical products? Launch your career through our fantastic 4-year Welding Apprenticeship.
About the programme
This is not your normal welding job. Join us and you’ll train in state-of-the-art facilities to reach top tier standards. Learning how to weld complicated joints in TIG, NIG, MAG, Manual Metal Arc, and Fluc-core Metal active gas, you’ll become a highly skilled specialist.
Working alongside experts, you’ll collaborate on products like submarine components to help keep navies safe at sea. When lives depend on quality, attention to detail matters.
Gaining hands-on experience, you’ll:
● Excel at welding complex joints in exotic metals.
● Achieve stringent codes for naval welding quality.
● Hone workshop skills like machining and hand-fitting.
● Diagnose and solve challenging welding defects.
● Operate the latest robotic welding equipment.
After qualifying, you’ll begin an exciting career as a coded welder here on site. With your advanced skills, you can progress to roles like welding engineer.
You'll study towards a Level 3 Plate Welder Apprenticeship at Bath and Radstock Colleges, developing the knowledge and competencies for your role.
What you’ll need
● You'll need to reach a basic level of English and Math skills (similar to a GCSE grade 3/D). After that, you'll have to pass a test for a higher level (GCSE grade 4/C) before you can finish your apprenticeship.
● If you want to move on to a more advanced apprenticeship programme, you must first achieve Level 2 in Math and English.
● Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
• Fully funded qualification
• Personal development training and opportunities • Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
• Competitive pension scheme
• Employee share scheme
• Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Please be aware that if there is a high level of interest in this programme, applications may close earlier than advertised. To give yourself the best chance of being considered for a place on this programme, please submit your application as early as possible.