Rolls-Royce develops safety critical, complex power and propulsion solutions for use in the air, at sea, and on land. We’ve designed the world’s most efficient large aero-engine, powered nuclear submarines, enabled land-speed records, and even supported NASA missions on the edge of space.
Can you see yourself working with some of the world’s greatest engineering minds? On some of the most exciting and ground-breaking projects as we push ever closer to a net zero carbon future? As one of our Engineering Degree Apprentices you’ll be doing just that, building invaluable engineering skills alongside our experts all while studying towards a fully-sponsored degree and other qualifications.
We have a long history of achieving extraordinary goals at Rolls-Royce. And the ways we’re changing to become an even more innovative, competitive, and sustainable business are no less bold. Join us and you can help transform the way we power, protect, and connect people, now and in the future.
In your first year, you’ll gain a firm foundation in engineering principles. This will consist of workshop-based manufacturing training alongside classroom-based learning for your degree. Please note that you’ll be based at Weston College in Weston-Super-Mare for all of this first year, except for some short placements on site at Rolls-Royce Bristol.
From your second year, you’ll complete placements in different areas of our business on site. Placements generally last six months each, which allows you to develop a real understanding of what working in that area means. One day a week will be day release to work towards your BEng Degree from the University of the West of England.
What you’ll do
All the way through your degree apprenticeship, you’ll be working alongside exceptional engineering professionals in our Defence business. In each placement, you’ll enjoy on-and-off the-job training and outstanding opportunities to progress.
Once you’ve completed your apprenticeship, you’ll have a good idea of where your interests lie and what you want to do next. For example, in the future, you could be a Design Engineer, Stress Engineer, Aerothermal Engineer, Research and Development Engineer, a Service Engineer or a Lifecycle Engineer working on new and in-service products.
What you’ll need
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above including English Language, Maths and Science (triple, double award, Physics or Chemistry).
- 112 UCAS points (obtained or predicted) from either:
- Three A-levels at grade C, one must be Maths, and one of the following subjects; Biology; Chemistry; Computing/Computer Science; Design and Technology; Electronics; Engineering; ICT; Further Maths; Music Technology; Physics; Statistics. Plus one other, excluding General Studies.
- An Engineering based Level 3 Extended BTEC which must include Merit in Further Engineering Mathematics or Further Mathematics for Construction.
- A T Level qualification, plus A-Level Maths.
A combination of BTEC and A Levels will not be considered for this programme.
Every bit as important as your academic achievements, however, are the personal qualities you bring to the role. You’ll need to be a quick thinker and problem solver, as well as genuinely enthusiastic about developing a career in engineering.
For example, we'd like to hear about an engineering project you've done at school or work or a club you've been involved with in your spare time. You'll also be keen to learn and develop and put your ideas to the test.
What you’ll get
- A competitive starting salary with annual pay rises
- Fully sponsored BEng degree
- 33 days’ holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Competitive pension
- A choice of voluntary benefits including discounts at nationwide stores, gyms, discounted health care, free digital GP, Cycle to Work scheme and more all available on our TotalReward portal
- Continuous learning and development
- Support from managers, leaders, mentors and other apprentices
- Opportunities to develop beyond your day-to-day role and get involved in social activities
- An independent, 24-hour, confidential counselling service
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 29th February 2024 by 14:00 [GMT]
At Rolls-Royce, we recruit our people based on merit, and regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, race/colour/nationality/ethnic or national origins, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation.