Transform our urban legacy
Do you have a desire to make a difference in the world?
Join our Apprenticeship Programme to be a part of the future of design and engineering. From designing end-to-end project solutions to pioneering new technologies and ways of working, everything we do supports our goal of delivering outstanding project outcomes.
While you grow in areas that excite you, we also encourage you to maintain a positive work-life balance. So, during our recruitment process, tell us what matters to you. Speak to us about how we support wellbeing in and out of the office – including different ways to be flexible around work. Let's also talk about some of our recent pledges for Women's Equality and how we're Disability Confident and an Inclusive Employer.
With Atkins and Faithful+Gould you'll be in great company.
What you’ll be studying
Based in one of our North West offices, which you’ll have the option to select in our application form, we have a range of apprenticeship opportunities at various levels and within various business areas. We also have roles available for both Atkins and Faithful+Gould which are a part of our SNC Lavalin Group. Please click on the links below to understand in more detail what each individual apprenticeship involves:
Level 4 Higher Apprenticeships:
Sustainability Practitioner – Manchester or Warrington.
To learn more about this apprenticeship please click here
Academic Requirements: GCSE Grade 4 (or C) or above in English Language and Maths, or equivalent and 48 UCAS points or equivalent
What you could be doing
You’ll also get support from our leaders, technical specialists and your own dedicated mentor. Our framework for continuous learning and development will support you as you grow. Together, we’ll do amazing things where you’ll have the opportunity to be part of a team of big thinkers. Not only will you gain valuable 'on the job' experience and work towards professional qualifications but you'll also earn a meaningful salary from day one. Our apprenticeship programme is well established and is designed to give you maximum exposure to different experiences. You'll get to share your thinking, test your ideas, and start focusing on the work you enjoy most whilst supporting the technical aspects of multidisciplinary design projects.
You'll be making a sustainable difference in people's lives, shaping cities, reimagining transport and transforming nuclear energy. And with the choice to work across Cities & Development, Nuclear & Power, Transportation, Water or Environment, you'll decide where you want your career to go.
Here’s what your role as an apprentice would involve
- Developing your skills in a wide range of exciting projects
- Learning about project lifecycles which in turn will allow you to support your team.
- Learning and using relevant design software
- Being involved in client meetings and assisting in building key client relationships
- You’ll get to understand and learn digital skills to help us harness technology in new ways
We’re not all the same, and that’s our greatest strength. Different views and opinions enhance our ability to provide value-added performance and better services for our clients. That’s why we believe different, makes a difference. Reaching your full potential means being able to bring your whole self to work and being respected for the different opinions, strengths and experience you bring.
Our apprenticeship programme has been designed to give you an insight into the huge variety and the chance to explore where your own skills and interests lie. Through a combination of on-the-job learning and practical skills development within your chosen role, you’ll work on real projects from day one that offer scale and variety collaborating with others and creating meaningful impact on the world around us. You’ll work towards your professional qualification; whichever path you take, your future starts here.
What you’ll need
- An interest for working in a consultancy environment
- Embracing equality, diversity and inclusion in everything you do
- A desire to work collaboratively with a curious approach, challenging yourself to find new solutions
- Enthusiasm and drive to complete your apprenticeship programme and seek out development opportunities within a supportive team
- Motivation to achieve a professional qualification
- Comfortable to embrace digital ways of working and learning new technologies
Meeting your needs
We aim to promote a workplace which allows our people to perform at their best. So, as well as ensuring you’re rewarded for your efforts, we also have a variety of initiatives in place to create a healthy workplace and support your well-being:
- 33 days annual leave, including bank holidays. You also have the option to buy an additional 15 days or sell up to 5 days
- Flexible working arrangements
- An enhanced maternity scheme and family friendly policies
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) providing you with immediate and confidential help for any work, health or life matters
- Two paid annual volunteer days to be used with a charity or STEM initiative of your choice
- Join any of our employee networks for social interaction, peer support and personal development, as well as contributing to the development of policies and working practices
- Opportunities to further develop yourself by applying to our Women’s Professional Development Programme and ethnic minority Empowering Programme
To view all available benefits, visit our Total Rewards portal.
How do I apply?
Please click "Apply Now" below to register your details and start your application journey. To find out more and for advice on how to play to your strengths, visit us on Connectr.
As a Disability Confidence Employer, we are able to support you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on email@example.com
Our deadline for applications is Sunday 21st November 2021. Remember, our programmes are incredibly popular, and some roles may close early. So, avoid disappointment by getting your application in as soon as possible.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years' design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll join a team of people who ask questions, who dare to see things differently and want to build a better world.
Check out some of our recent, most exciting projects.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins are an A rated sponsor, if you have any queries regarding sponsorship, please visit our International Student careers page.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.