This role will be based in London.
Managing the process by which a design solution is delivered is at the heart of successful construction. At Mace, we apply the same rigour to our design management service as we do to our project management service, making sure that our client's project objectives, and construction and procurement requirements, are met. From creating design management strategies to providing relevant and timely documentation, we know the process is core to delivering a project on both the practical and conceptual levels.
Design Management is the application of project management techniques to the design process. It establishes and manages the process through which design solutions are delivered by third parties.
The objectives of design management are to ensure that the design meets the requirements of the client, procurement and construction, and to achieve a design which is co-ordinated, buildable, within cost and can be built within programme. A Design Manager enables the client to make value decisions relating to design choices and secures comprehensive design information in accordance with project programmes.
· 112 UCAS points from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at MMM grade or above
· Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and english (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
· We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
· Strong attention to detail
· The ability to work effectively in a team
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills