Do you have an eye for detail and a passion for building relationships? Get ready to kickstart your career with our Commercial Apprenticeship, where you'll be at the heart of delivering business value.
About the programme
Our Commercial team forms and manages the critical relationships and contracts that underpin all the work Babcock undertakes.
On this Higher Level apprenticeship, you'll delve into the complex coordination of multiple stakeholders, both within and across organisations. You’ll work on contract design and management, negotiating the details of the contracts, agreeing on the terms of delivery, and managing the delivery of these contracts.
The 2-year programme involves rotations through different parts of the Commercial team, ensuring you gain a comprehensive understanding of all aspects of the role. Along the way, you’ll develop crucial skills such as:
- Leading and managing projects
- Relationship building
- Decision making
You'll be based onsite at HM Naval Base Devonport, learning from industry professionals and regularly assessed by our training provider.
On completion of your training programme and the End Point Assessment, you'll earn a nationally recognised apprenticeship certificate as a Level 5 Operations/Departmental Manager.
What you'll need
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade 4/C or above, including Maths and English and 3 A-Levels grades A-C.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS (Baseline security) and many of them require you to be eligible for full Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
- Fully funded qualification
- Personal development training and opportunities
- Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.