On this 5-year Process Engineering Degree Apprenticeship, you’ll gain a BEng in Professional Engineering (Science Industry Process/Plant Engineer) and set yourself up for a career working as a Process Engineer in the nuclear sector.
About the programme
Start with the microscopic detail and work your way up. That’s what our process engineers do. Join them and you’ll help us develop robust, innovative solutions to extraordinary challenges.
Over 5 years, you'll get to know the ins and outs of designing processes and technologies - from New Build to Decommissioning and life extension for our client sites globally.
You’ll also gain insights into the full development lifecycle and understand how this sector contributes to our success. And the best part? You'll be part of a friendly team that's all about collaboration and innovation.
Here's what you'll get up to:
- Designing processes for New Builds and Decommissioning.
- Spending time at different locations across the country.
- Working closely with a team on global projects.
- Learning all about the development lifecycle.
Once you've completed the apprenticeship, you'll be all set to take on the role of a Process Engineer. With the experience you'll gain and our support, you'll also have the chance to gain professional recognition with the Chartered Institution of Chemical Engineers (IChemE).
This Level 6 degree apprenticeship provides practical and theoretical training for aspiring process engineers who want to gain new skills and a formal degree qualification.
Alongside workplace training, you'll also be studying for a Level 6 Science Industry Process Plant Engineer Degree Apprenticeship. This includes a BEng in Professional Engineering (Science Industry Process/Plant Engineer). It's the perfect mix of classroom learning and real-world experience.
What you’ll need
- At least 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 (or equivalent) including English and Chemistry, as well as Mathematics at B/6 or higher.
- A-level grades at ABB or above, including Maths and Chemistry.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
● Fully funded qualification
● Personal development training and opportunities
● Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
● Competitive pension scheme
● Employee share scheme
● Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.