Are you looking to launch your career in mechanical design? Join our exciting 4-year Mechanical Design Apprenticeship and you’ll play an integral role in creating a safe and secure world.
About the programme
It’s an opportunity like no other as you develop the technologies that will shape the future of energy and defence.
During the programme, you'll enjoy a variety of placements across different UK sites to gain broad experience. Here's some of what you'll get up to:
- Producing calculations, analysis, models, drawings and reports.
- Getting to grips with computer-aided design (CAD).
- Working alongside experts on key projects.
- Developing your skills in mathematics, science and technology.
You’ll also work side-by-side with friendly and experienced colleagues who will share their expertise and bring out the best in you. At the end of the 4 years, you'll be ready to take on a Mechanical Design role that makes a real difference.
You’ll receive practical and theoretical training, combined with company-specific training given in the workplace.
At Loughborough College, you’ll work toward the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacturing Technician, preparing you for a successful career in the nuclear sector.
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English and Science, with Maths at grade 5 (B) or above.
- 3 A Levels in related subjects or an equivalent Level 3 qualification like a BTEC.
- Experience in design technology or CAD is desirable.
- A genuine interest in CAD design and a positive attitude.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
● Fully funded qualification
● Personal development training and opportunities
● Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
● Competitive pension scheme
● Employee share scheme
● Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.