Interested in shaping the future of nuclear projects? Join our outstanding 4-year Project Controls Apprenticeship and you’ll make a valuable difference in this exciting sector.
About the programme
As a Project Controls Apprentice, you'll be immersed in the technical disciplines of cost engineering, estimating, planning, and scheduling. Working alongside some of the most experienced and supportive individuals in the industry, you'll:
- Assist in producing estimates, plans, and schedules.
- Work on various reports to track and monitor project delivery across a spectrum of nuclear engineering and decommissioning projects.
- Receive training in our top-tier project controls systems.
By the end of your apprenticeship, you'll have a robust foundation in professional project environments, all of which will lead you to a fulfilling role as a Project Controller.
You’ll receive practical and theoretical training, combined with company-specific training given in the workplace.
Your academic journey will be at London Metropolitan College, where you'll work towards the Level 6 Project Controls Professional Apprenticeship. Plus, you'll also be eligible to apply for student membership with the Association for Project Management (APM). Upon successful completion, you can join the Association of Cost Engineers (ACOSTE) as a member.
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English and Maths.
- At least 2 A Levels or an equivalent Level 3 qualification.
- A flair for design technology, strong analytical/IT skills, and a basic understanding of projects and their lifecycle will give you an edge.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
● Fully funded qualification
● Personal development training and opportunities
● Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
● Competitive pension scheme
● Employee share scheme
● Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.