Ready to jumpstart your career as an Electrical Technician? Join our 4-year Electrical Manufacturing Apprenticeship and learn how to assemble, wire, and test a wide range of electrical and electronic equipment.
About the programme
You'll be part of a team where you'll learn to use a range of power and hand tools, along with test and measuring instruments. Safety is our top priority, so you'll also learn the best practices for manufacturing, repairing, and testing equipment.
You'll get the best of both worlds with a mix of hands-on experience and classroom learning. All the while you’ll be surrounded by an experienced and supportive team, eager to share their knowledge with you.
What you'll be doing:
- Assembly, wiring, and testing of electrical and electronic equipment
- Using power and hand tools
- Applying safe working practices
- Spending time in our Whetstone workshop
- Opportunities to work at customer sites.
Once you've completed the apprenticeship, you'll be fully equipped to take on the role of an Electrical Manufacturing Technician.
You’ll receive practical and theoretical electrical and electronic engineering training, combined with company-specific training given in the workplace.
You'll be studying for a Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship standard at Loughborough College. This means you'll get a nationally recognised qualification that blends classroom learning with real-world experience.
What you’ll need
- At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English and Science.
- Maths at grade 5 (B) or above.
- A genuine interest in hands-on engineering and a positive attitude.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
● Fully funded qualification
● Personal development training and opportunities
● Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
● Competitive pension scheme
● Employee share scheme
● Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.