Software Engineering Apprenticeship

Placeholder
  • Employer Facebook
  • Job type Higher Apprenticeships
  • Salary Competitive
  • Deadline Ongoing
  • Entry requirements A-levels (or equivalent)
  • Locations London
  • Qualifications gained Professional Qualification
  • Date published 18/02/2021

Want to build new features and improve existing products like Messenger, Video, Groups, News Feed, Search and more? Want to solve unique, large scale, highly complex technical problems? You can help build the next-generation of products, systems and services that help people connect with each other around the globe. We are looking for Software Engineering Apprentices who are excited about building new features and products that have the potential to revolutionize the world of work. We want people who are excited about solving unique, large-scale, and highly complex technical problems. Our development cycle is extremely fast, and we've built tools to keep it that way. It's common to write code and have it running live just a few days later. If you work with us, you will make an impact, immediately.

At Facebook, supporting our employees is a core part of how we do business. From our generous benefits to our robust diversity programs, we’re focused on empowering all our employees — from people of color and LGBTQ employees to veterans and the differently abled — to live life to the fullest and bring their best selves to work, each and every day. We’re proud of our supportive and inclusive culture, and are dedicated to making Facebook welcoming to everyone who comes to work with us. Facebook and our training provider White Hat will collaborate to ensure that you are provided with continuous training and development, 20% of your development will be a combination of theory, technical and practical training whilst the remaining 80% will be on the job learning, with a tailored development plan and opportunities to increase your skills throughout. You will receive support from your manager, buddy and mentor to aid you in securing a permanent role in one of our teams, a competitive salary along with other generous benefits. This is an 18 month Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship program in the London Software Engineering team in conjunction with our training provider, White Hat.

Software Engineering Apprenticeship Responsibilities

  • Build software for the various teams, this could include serverside components, user interfaces and mobile applications.

  • Depending on the project, you may code in Hack/PHP, Javascript, Objective C, Java or C++.

  • Design, run and evaluate experimental results for the features you build

  • Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, designers, data scientists and user researchers to build and improve products

Minimum Qualifications

  • You will have 1 A levels (or equivalent) at grade C or above, with preferably one in Technology, Mathematics, Science, Engineering or similar STEM subject

  • Level 2 in English and Maths, or a relevant Level 3 Apprenticeship, or equivalent qualifications or experience

  • Interest and experience in programming and building software

  • Ability to program in some mainstream programming language such as C++, Java, Python, Haskell, PHP or Javascript

  • Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically

  • Have authorization to work in the United Kingdom

  • A strong interest in conducting an Apprenticeship program as an alternative to attending University

  • Must not be in full or part time education upon starting the Apprenticeship

Preferred Qualifications

  • Experience from personal, school or open source projects or programming competitions is a plus

  • High levels of creativity and quick problem solving capabilities

  • Strong written and verbal communication skills

  • A strong interest in learning and growing as a software engineer

Like what you're reading? Join our mailing list for more of the same!

Recruiting school leavers? We can help