Without logistics and supply chain management, the wheels of industry would grind to a halt. Gain the knowledge and skills to keep those wheels turning with a Procurement and Supply Chain Apprenticeship at Babcock; a dynamic and supportive place to start an exciting career.
About the programme
Whether designing, building, operating, managing or maintaining vital assets, one thing is certain - procurement and supply chain lies at the heart of our operations and plays a pivotal role in our business success across our global operations.
On your 2-year programme, you’ll undertake a new placement every 6 months to gain experience in the following areas:
• Planning & Inventory Management
• Strategic Sourcing
• Operational Procurement
• Logistics & Warehousing
Joining our Procurement and Supply Chain function as an apprentice presents you with a great opportunity to embark on a varied career. Members of our teams often say that no two days are the same in the life of a Procurement and Supply Chain professional.
Your days will be varied as you carry out a range of responsibilities from placing purchase orders with suppliers, to managing supplier order books and sending requests for quotations (RFQs). Everything you do will help the business and our customers deliver essential products and services around the world.
The aim of the apprenticeship is to prepare you for a permanent procurement and supply chain role working as an Assistant Buyer within Babcock.
During the apprenticeship, you will attend college on a weekly basis to gain core knowledge and skills to obtain a CIPS Level 4 Diploma in Procurement and Supply.
Your technical training will be supplemented with in-house training courses and soft skill training to help you develop your personal and team working skills.
What you’ll need
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or higher (or equivalent) including GCSE English and Maths at grade B/6 or higher.
• 2 A Levels at grade B or above or an equivalent Level 3 qualification e.g., BTEC at Merit or Distinction.
• You’ll also need good communication skills, be a team player and show enthusiasm for procurement and supply chain management.
• Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
● Fully funded qualification
● Personal development training and opportunities
● Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
● Competitive pension scheme
● Employee share scheme
● Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.