Collaborating with leading software developers, tech analysts and technology experts. Working on a product that changes how millions of people watch their favourite shows. There’s only one place where you’ll see action like this in your career – and that’s Sky.
Join our Technology programme and you’ll spendtwo years taking on varied roles, rising to unique challenges and working on the kind of exciting projects you just don’t find anywhere else. All while discovering first-handhow we bring millions of people the entertainment they know and love.
What you’ll be doing
Join teams such as:
- UK Information Systems/ Sky Business Technology: get to know our Software Engineering functions, covering testing, automation, technical analysis, operational support and development. Find out how we provide solutions and services to our contact centre and engineer communities. And how we support the various online and interactive services for 11 million UK customers.
- Infrastructure Operations: we are the lifeblood of Sky’s critical internal and external systems, designing, delivering and supporting our IT infrastructure which includes servers, databases, data storage and batch processing systems. Join as an apprentice and you'll be part of our dynamic team helping us to maintain a world class operation. We will provide a great environment for you to further your learning and showcase your talents.
- Service Operations: get to know our Service Operations functions; covering Incident, Change, Config, Problem, Monitoring, Release and Service Management. Find out how we bring together Sky Technology support teams and business stakeholders to ensure our products have high service availability, drive service protection and ensure our customers have an excellent experience.
- This apprenticeship programmeis 2 years
- Location is Livingston, Scotland
- Expected start September 2022
- IT & Telecoms Professionals SCQF Level 6-8
- You will roll off this programme into a permanent position with Sky.
What we’re looking for
You’ll need a minimum of 2 National qualifications (NQ’s) level 2 or 3, if you’re applying for a role in Scotland.
In addition, as part of the apprenticeship you will be required to evidence if you already have achieved Core skills (minimum of 2 National qualifications (NQ’s) level 2 or 3, in English and Maths) through school or further education then you would not be required to repeat these. If you haven’t achieved them or cannot provide evidence then you will be required to achieve them as part of the programme
Other skills we’re looking for include:
- Passionate about technology and our brand
- Collaborative and great with people
- A self-starter, resilient when it gets hectic
- A problem-solver
- Approachable and adaptable.
Our application process
First, complete our short application form by entering your details and academic information. Once your application has been submitted, you’ll be invited to complete our immersive digital assessments. This may land in your junk folder so don’t forget to check it. Complete the assessments successfully and you’ll be considered for our assessment centre.
The first digital assessment looks at your behavioural andcognitive strengths through several questions.
In the second (and last) digital assessment, you will be required to review various sets of information and be asked questions related to this. Part of this stage will include a recorded video interview. But don’t worry there will be practice round.
For the final stage of your application, we’ll invite you to a digital assessment centre and give you some tasks to get to know you better. The day will give you a practical insight into the role and will assess your technical aptitude.
Once you’ve completed your assessment day, we’ll let you know when you can expect to hear back from us.
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of benefits really are something special, here are our highlights: free Sky Q (for the TV you love all in one place), a generous pension, 25 days paid annual leave, discounted Mobile and broadbandand private health care.
You’ll get access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development.
You’ll also enjoy a brand new, action-packed, learning experience with us. We’ll help you grow into a great future leader, with the right tools and support. Our 2-year learning and development programme sits alongside your apprenticeship programme and supports you during your programme andbeyondwith:
Growth - Every project and role you take on will be a chance to learn and grow; and you’ll be supported by
passionate colleagues along the way.
Confidence - Whatever your background, you can make a valuable and valued contribution. You’ll buildconfidence
by getting involved and stepping outside of comfort zone.
Belonging - You’re trusted to own your day, but there’s always someone on hand to make sure you succeed. Either with fellow apprentices, inspiring each other to think big and take action; or with your manager and wider Sky team to help build your own unique career.
Plus, you’ll have access to a range of tools, from workshops to digital courses (like LinkedIn Learning), which will help you along the way.
It’s a journey and we want you to see your progress, so you’ll get your very own development report to track your success.
Why Inclusion is important
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best. CV’s aren’t everything. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential what you’ll bring to Sky.
We celebrate diversity because different people, with different perspectives make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too.
So why wait?
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
The current closing date for applications is 11th March 2022. But things move quickly around here, so apply now to avoid disappointment.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Ready to start a career like no other? At Sky you can. #AtSkyYouCan