Are you looking to build a career that makes a real impact? Embark on our 3-year Plumbing Apprenticeship at HM Naval Base Clyde, where your skills contribute directly to national security and safety.
About the programme
It’s a role that's critical, offering you hands-on experience in maintaining and enhancing safety in a highly specialised setting. Stepping into a Plumbing Apprenticeship at HM Naval Base Clyde, you'll become part of a team that's vital to our mission of maintaining and advancing critical infrastructure.
You'll be involved in a range of exciting tasks:
- Undertaking maintenance services for a variety of mechanical systems and equipment, heating, ventilation, water hygiene, sanitary and drainage systems
- Performing regular site checks, managing work orders, and executing necessary repairs
- Playing a key role in ensuring a safe and efficient operational environment for the naval base.
Your work will be essential in keeping the base operational, as you contribute to building management, housekeeping, and grounds maintenance.
At the end of your apprenticeship, you'll be fully equipped to take on the role of a Plumber.
Throughout your apprenticeship, you'll earn an NC in Building Services and an SVQ 3 in Plumbing and Heating, both at SCQF Level 6, provided by West College Scotland and SNIPIT.
What you’ll need
- Maths at National 4 or above or equivalent.
- English at National 4 or above or equivalent.
- A Pre-Apprenticeship in Plumbing and/or Heating.
- Two other subjects at National 4 or National 5 or above.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
- Fully funded qualification
- Personal development training and opportunities
- Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Please be aware that if there is a high level of interest in this programme, applications may close earlier than advertised. To give yourself the best chance of being considered for a place on this programme, please submit your application as early as possible.