Johnson Controls is powered by your talent. We are the power behind the customer mission. Together we are building a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our diverse global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and environments more comfortable and secure. We are all about improving outcomes for our partners. Tomorrow needs your talent. Tomorrow needs you. So let’s talk today.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work together seamlessly. Bring your passion for innovation and we will challenge you to help us create a better tomorrow.
An opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice Mechanical Fitter to join our Global Navy division based in Basildon, Essex.
An apprenticeship with us will see you building new skills, while applying your knowledge to real-world live projects. There will be plenty of opportunities to explore your potential and you’ll enjoy full support from your line manager and an assigned mentor. You will be required to ensure that you adhere to safe working practices and also be able to take instructions and act upon them in a prompt and professional manner. We are offering a full time permanent Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship for talented people. This is a genuine alternative to university for people who have a passion for engineering and who want to launch their career with us. You will learn to:
* Undertake an apprenticeship in mechanical engineering to gain skills including welding, brazing, fabrication, mechanical fitting and testing
* Provide assistance to the build shop during build and refit stages of naval application refrigeration systems during “on site” training module assignments
1. Able to undergo multiyear apprentice training course(s) in mechanical engineering disciplines.
2. Complete both college – classroom based and “on site” training module assignments.
3. Gain competence in welding, brazing and use of related equipment’s
4. Gain competence and understanding of the correct gases to be used for welding – brazing
5. Gain experience in the fabrication and manufacturing process of refrigeration systems
6. Gain knowledge of all European directives and standards relating to the air conditioning and refrigeration industry.
7. Gain knowledge of how to make calculations and make selections of systems equipment and safety devices.
8. Gain knowledge and understanding of chiller and HVAC system design.
9. Gain knowledge and understanding of other department’s functions.
10. Support all on-going continuous improvement programs.
Grade C or above results in GSE in Maths, English, Science
Be able to pass Baseline security clearances.
Demonstrate a desire to want to learn mechanical engineering skills including understanding of modern compressor and refrigeration component technology
Demonstrate a desire to want to learn welding and brazing skills and techniques and how to review technical literature and engineering data
Have some proficiency in the use of Microsoft Suite Applications would be desirable.
Be a good communicator
Is able to follow instructions and after training work independently of routine supervision.
We will offer a recognised mechanical engineering apprenticeship, competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package together with genuine opportunities for you to develop your skills and build on your career.