Want to steer major projects from start to finish? Kickstart your career as a project management professional with our 2-year Project Management Apprenticeship.
About the programme
This exciting apprenticeship is designed to develop the Assistant Project Managers of the future.
From day one, you’ll be a key member of our friendly project management team, gaining practical on-the-job experience within professional project environments and collaborating across huge engineering frameworks. Here, you’ll work on diverse projects including nuclear decommissioning, construction and more.
You’ll focus on the total lifecycle of the projects you’re working on, from design through to manufacture, construction, and commissioning. With support from friendly experts you'll become experienced in:
- Monitoring project schedules
- Managing stakeholders
- Controlling risks and changes
- Ensuring smooth delivery of projects
Along the way, you’ll develop leadership and management skills.
Completing the programme will equip you with a Level 4 qualification and all the skills you need to pursue a career as a Project Assistant.
You'll study towards a Level 4 Associate Project Management Apprenticeship standard with Salford City College - complementing your practical and on the job training.
Upon commencement, apprentices are eligible to become student members of the Association for Project Management (APM) as the first step of professional membership. Apprentices will be eligible for progression to associate membership upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
What you’ll need
- At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4/C or above
- 2 A levels at grade C or above
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
- Fully funded qualification
- Personal development training and opportunities
- Minimum 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
- Attractive overtime rates of pay
- You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Please be aware that if there is a high level of interest in this programme, applications may close earlier than advertised. To give yourself the best chance of being considered for a place on this programme, please submit your application as early as possible.