In 2009, we launched our Bursary Scheme, a legal scholarship programme that seeks to address the financial hurdle that often deters bright people from socially deprived areas of the country from attending University.
Our Bursary Scheme offers:
• An award paid in instalments over your three years at University to help with living expenses or other expenses incurred whilst studying.
• A mentoring scheme with our current trainee solicitors to give support and career guidance during your studies.
• Three workshops a year in the Bird & Bird office in London for the duration of the undergraduate degree.
• A week's work experience during your first year of university.
Take a look at our Bursary Scheme video, here: https://youtu.be/93BcFwc-U7U
How can I apply?
The application process for the Bird & Bird Bursary Scheme closes 31 May 2021. To apply for the Bursary Scheme, you will need to complete the Application Form found on our website at www.apply4law.com/twobirds
In order to apply for a place on the Bursary Scheme, you must fulfil all of the following criteria:
• You must be attending a state (non-fee paying) school, sixth form college in the UK; and
• You must be the first generation in your immediate family to attend university; and
• You must be applying to study Law or a Law-related degree at a UK university. Part time distant learning courses will be considered if circumstances warrant; and
• You should be academically gifted and are typically expected to have achieved at least 5 A grades or 5 Level 7 and above in GCSE, including English and Maths.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org