In 2009, we launched our Bursary Scheme, a legal scholarship programme that seeks to address the financial hurdle that often deters bright people from socially disadvantaged areas of the country from attending University.
Our Bursary Scheme offers:
- An award paid in installments over your three years at University to help with living expenses or other expenses incurred whilst studying.
- A mentoring scheme with our current trainee solicitors to give support and career guidance during your studies.
- Three workshops a year in the Bird & Bird office in London for the duration of the undergraduate degree.
- A week's work experience during your first year of University
In order to apply for a place on the Bursary Scheme, you must fulfill ALL of the following criteria:
- You must be attending a state (non-fee paying) school, sixth form college in the UK; and
- You must be the first generation in your immediate family to attend university; and
- You must be applying to study Law or a Law-related degree at a UK university. Part time distant learning courses will be considered if circumstances warrant; and
- You should be academically gifted and are typically expected to have achieved at least 5 A grades or 5 Level 7 and above in GCSE, including English and Maths.
How can I apply?
Please review our Bursary Rules to confirm that you meet our criteria to apply for a place on the Bursary Programme.
The application process for the Bird & Bird Bursary Scheme opens in January and closes in June. To apply for the Bursary Scheme, you will need to complete the Application Form found on our website.
For further information, on the Bursary Scheme, please refer to our website or email email@example.com.