Level 4 Apprenticeship Network Engineer
Field Based roles & Office Based roles
On the programme
These two years will fly by. Online learning, classroom training and on-the-job experience will come thick and fast, as you develop real world skills using cutting-edge technology. Whether you’re fresh out of college or you have a job in the tech sector and are looking to take a step up, it’s a great move.
The programme concentrates on network design, advanced connectivity and advanced security. It gives you the opportunity to develop and enhance your technical skills, ensuring you have the technical grounding needed to become a skilled Network Designer, Systems Engineer or Network Administrator.
Our Network Engineers design, install, maintain and support Data and Transmission networks to maintain high levels of operational stability, providing maximum performance and availability for their users. As part of this role, you will learn network configuration & topology, cloud, network administration, monitoring tools and optical transmission systems. You will become experts in providing technical advice, guidance and reports to both internal & external stakeholders.
After two years, you’ll be a promising professional with the following qualifications:
• Network Engineer Level 4
• BCS Level 4 Certificate in Network Principles
• BCS Level 4 Certificate in Network Systems and Architecture
• MTA Mobility and Device Fundamentals
• MTA Cloud Fundamentals
What you’ll need
- To be 18 years or over as of 1st Sept 2020
- An A Level in ICT/Computing by Sept 2020
- Or a Level 3 Apprenticeship in a similar subject
- Or and International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
- Or a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
- To be eligible to work in the UK and not be in full-time education
- To have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years or more
- A full clean driving license
- Must be able to work at heights of 6ft
- Must be able to travel reasonable distances around the UK
- Need to be able to pass security clearance due to nature of work
In return, you can look forward to a salary of £21,500 and a benefits package that includes generous holiday allowance and discounts on your shopping as well as Vodafone products.
We have numerous opportunities available across the country. These opportunities are field or office based.
Will be based in Aberdeen, Glasgow, Manchester, Newbury. We will ask for your preference of location during your application process.
You should live in, or be easily commutable to either M4 Corridor or Watford, so for these roles you should be comfortable with spending some time on the road. We will ask for your preference of location during your application process.
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences - we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.