You don’t have to have completed an internship to work at a bank. Take a look at the UBS' Equities Apprenticeship program, which provides ambitious and talented individuals with an alternative route to a career in financial services. You'll earn a salary working in the exciting and fast-paced environment of investment banking, whilst completing training for a recognized qualification offering a fee-free on-the-job education alternative to the traditional University route.
Do you want to work towards helping our clients buy and sell equities, foreign currencies, interest rates and credit? On our Equities Apprenticeship you'll get exposure to both Sales & Trading to gain first-hand experience of working on a trading floor.
You’ll be working in the Investor Client Services team, looking after professional investors like asset managers and fund managers. You’ll give them advice and do everything that’s needed to buy and sell securities for them. From start to finish. You’ll be able to draw on the strength of our platforms, products, services and people worldwide to give your clients whatever they need.
You need to have completed you’re a-levels or equivalent by September 2019 and achieved 104 UCAS Points along with a level 5/6 in English Language and Maths GCSE. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work in a team
- come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
For the first 18 months of your apprenticeship you will be studying towards your Level 3 Investment Operations Certificate (IOC). You will then have the opportunity to progress onto various different high level apprenticeship schemes, where you have the potential to gain the equivalent to a bachelors undergraduate degree, one option could be the Level 6 Financial Services apprenticeship which includes the CFA level 1, an industry recognised qualification worldwide within 6 years of joining UBS.
What you could go on to do…
Your career development and professional qualifications don’t stop after the Apprenticeship. Focused and determined individuals will be able to attain further qualifications - equivalent to a degree.
How you will be supported…
You will be supported by a junior member of the sales team together with support from the program, your line manager, team, mentor and HR.
Who we are looking for…
• Genuine interest in financial services
• Driven, hard-working and keen to take on new challenges
• Reliable and strong attention to detail
• Basic knowledge of MS Office
• Eager to solve problems, make things happen, stick with a task and work in a team
• Think about how things you’ve achieved match what we’re after
• Excellent organisational skills & multi tasker
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Strong communication skills with ability to convey information clearly, accurately and succinctly.
• Professional behaviour – dependable, reliable and accountable for own behaviour.