Brief Overview of the Role
At Volvo we pride ourselves on producing world class vehicles with excellent performance and impeccable reliability. We train our staff to the same high standards via our Parts Apprentice Programme - considered to be the best in the industry.
- Working week Monday-Friday
- Total hours per week: 40.00
- Expected apprenticeship duration - 36 months
- Possible start date - September 2018
- Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Areas of Responsibility Include:
- Ensure customer demands are met and you use your skills to ensure the correct solution is supplied
- Ensure that procedures are correctly carried out for the ordering of goods and their receipt following the official Volvo process
- Maintain an efficient stock control system
- Ensure that the whole parts operations housekeeping is in good order including suggesting ideas of how to improve housekeeping within the parts department
- Attend any training or development activity that is made available to enable you to develop in your job
- Ensure the Dealer point works to the criteria laid down in the Company Health and Safety policy
- Ensure the company’s time recording procedures are complied with
- Work with all areas of the Dealer point to ensure best practice is maintained and a good working relationship is present
- Work with the team to ensure a strong top team ethos (including being mentored by a fully competent individual)
- Support the development of character, skills, attitude and superior individual and team performance
- Ensure that you conduct yourself in a business-like and professional manner
- Assist with ensuring the parts department is run as efficiently as possible
- To be pro-active in a selling role
- Ensuring that all goods received are checked and stored accurately
- To be able to effectively communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- To be able to work on developing new or enhancing existing processes
- To be able to adapt and take on new skills and approaches
- Have a real interest in the retail motor industry
- Be willing to provide an excellent service to our customers
- The right attitude, determination and commitment
- GCSE grades Grade D or above (or equivalent) or can demonstrate a reasonable level of knowledge in Mathematics, English and Science.
Employer is not registered as Disability Confident
Here at Volvo, we pride ourselves on product innovation and excellence. We provide a commitment to our customers that they will always receive second to none service levels – to do this we must ensure that our people are trained to the highest possible standards.
A successful business demands a skilled workforce to improve its bottom line. A skilled workforce demands training and knowledge. That is why we created the Volvo Apprenticeship Programme - widely considered to be the best throughout the automotive industry.
We provide all our apprentices with the skills needed to become fully qualified and competent individuals with a secure vocation at Volvo. A Volvo trained apprentice will become a top class asset to our business for years to come, we like to invest well into our future.
Block release at Stephenson College includes:
- NVQ in Vehicle Parts Operations
- Technical Certificate
- Employer Rights & Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT)
Job Type: Apprenticeship