Are you looking to launch your career in electrical design? If so, our 4-year Electrical Design Apprenticeship could be the perfect opportunity for you.
About the programme
During your programme, you'll get to work on real-world electrical design projects across different locations in the UK. The variety of placements means you'll build up broad experience and become a well-rounded professional.
Some of the things you could get involved with include:
- Assisting with calculations, analysis, models, drawings and reports.
- Developing your skills in computer-aided design (CAD).
- Contributing to major projects and learning from experts.
At the end of the 4 years, you'll have gained the skills and knowledge to take on an Electrical Design role. Along the way, you'll help create innovative solutions that power the future.
You’ll receive practical and theoretical training, combined with company-specific training given in the workplace.
At Loughborough College, you’ll work toward the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Engineering Manufacturing Technician, preparing you for a successful career in the nuclear sector.
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English and Science, with Maths at grade 5 (B) or above.
- 3 A Levels in related subjects or an equivalent Level 3 qualification like a BTEC.
- Experience in design technology or CAD is desirable.
- A genuine interest in CAD design and a positive attitude.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
● Fully funded qualification
● Personal development training and opportunities
● Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
● Competitive pension scheme
● Employee share scheme
● Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.