Rolls-Royce develops safety critical, complex power and propulsion solutions for use in the air, at sea, and on land. We’ve designed the world’s most efficient large aero-engine, powered nuclear submarines, enabled land-speed records, and even supported NASA missions on the edge of space.
The importance of quality can’t be overstated. It’s in our DNA. As a Quality Engineering Management Degree Apprentice, you’ll ensure the jet engines we build remain the finest in the world. Playing an essential role in our Civil Aerospace business, you’ll work to deliver quality products and services to our customers, using our best-in-class quality management system.
We have a long history of achieving extraordinary goals at Rolls-Royce. And the ways we’re changing to become an even more innovative, competitive, and sustainable business are no less bold. Join us and you can help transform the way we power, protect, and connect people, now and in the future.
Spend four years with our expert team across our Civil Aerospace business, gaining the sort of practical knowledge you simply can’t develop in the classroom. As you take on placements in different areas, you’ll experience the full breadth of quality management – from the design of our products to the way they’re manufactured, to supporting our airline customers as products are put into service.
As well as getting on-the-job training on real-life projects, you’ll also study for a BEng Honours degree with the University of Warwick. Together, this will give you a solid foundation for an exciting career in quality management.
What you’ll do
Working with teams across our business, you’ll help make our processes fit for purpose, ensuring we are always complying with regulations and we’re continuously improving what we do.
In each of your placements, you’ll delve into the detail of our business systems and processes and how they deliver value. Working with colleagues, customers, suppliers, and external regulators, you’ll conduct investigations, complete analysis and improve processes. It’s a fantastic opportunity to make an impact in a world-class Quality team.
What you'll need
- Five GCSEs which must include Maths at grade 5/B, plus English Language and three other subjects at grade 4/C.
- 112 UCAS points (obtained or predicted) from either:
- Three A-Levels at grade BBC. This must include Maths, plus Physics, Engineering or a STEM related subject (excluding Biology) at grade B or above. Plus one other subject at grade C, excluding General Studies.
- A Level 3 Extended BTEC in an Engineering or STEM-related subject, along with A-level Maths at grade B.
If you have equivalent qualifications, please contact us.
Every bit as important as your academic achievements, however, are the personal qualities you bring to the role. We look for people who are keen to learn about what makes a global business operate safely and successfully.
Beyond that, you’ll be inquisitive and analytical – someone who can ask questions, interrogate data and is always looking for better ways of doing things. You’ll also be creative in your ability to solve problems, determined to deliver on commitments, and a strong team player who’s able to demonstrate their achievements outside school or college.
What you’ll get
- A competitive starting salary with annual pay rises
- BEng Honours degree with the University of Warwick
- 33 days’ holiday per year (including bank holidays)
- Competitive pension
- A choice of voluntary benefits including discounts at nationwide stores, gyms, discounted health care, free digital GP, Cycle to Work scheme and more all available on our TotalReward portal
- Continuous learning and development
- Support from managers, leaders, mentors and other apprentices
- Opportunities to develop beyond your day-to-day role and get involved in social activities
- An independent, 24-hour, confidential counselling service
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 29th February 2024 by 14:00 [GMT]
At Rolls-Royce, we recruit people based on merit, and regardless of age, disability, gender identity or expression, race/colour/nationality/ethnic or national origins, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation.