Are you passionate about mechanical manufacturing and keen to kickstart your career? On our 4-year Mechanical Manufacturing Apprenticeship, you’ll play a pivotal role in shaping the future of the nuclear industry.
About the programme
It’s an apprenticeship like no other as you immerse yourself in a variety of manufacturing, assembly, and testing activities for a wide array of mechanical equipment used in the nuclear industry. From hands-on practical training, mastering hand and machine tools, to fitting and testing, every day will be a new learning experience.
As part of our friendly and supportive team, you’ll get involved in:
- Engaging in diverse manufacturing processes.
- Assembling and testing mechanical equipment.
- Gaining expertise in hand and machine tools.
- Undertaking tasks at our Whetstone facility and occasionally at customer sites.
By the end of your apprenticeship, you'll have a wealth of knowledge and skills, setting you up for a promising career in mechanical manufacturing within the nuclear sector.
You’ll receive practical and theoretical training, combined with company-specific training given in the workplace.
At Loughborough College, you'll work towards the Level 3 Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship standard, which includes an NVQ Level 3. This ensures that your time on the apprenticeship is a blend of both theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience.
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above, including English and Science.
- Maths at grade 5 (B) or above.
- A genuine interest in hands-on engineering and a positive attitude.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS and many of them require you to be eligible for Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
● Fully funded qualification
● Personal development training and opportunities
● Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
● Competitive pension scheme
● Employee share scheme
● Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.