Our paralegal apprenticeships are designed to help springboard you into a successful career in the legal world by providing you with a mixture of studying and learning within the workplace.
In addition to a dedicated supervisor at Kennedys, you’ll have a personal tutor and student manager at BPP, to ensure that you have all the support you need at work and with your studies.
Main duties will include:
- Carry out document management including requests, scanning, faxing and filing
- Carry out any photocopying, binding and bundling as required Produce standard correspondence as required
- Hand deliver documents to court and other offices when required
- Handle telephone communication from internal colleagues and external clients
- Assist fee earners with caseload, subject to close supervision, working efficiently, effectively and economically
- Open and close legal files on Kennedys case management system
- Carry out basic legal research, under supervision, when requested
- Liaise with clients in a professional manner
- Ensure confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation, data and information.
- Assist and co-operate in the overall efficient running of the Team by liaising with other partners, fee earners and support staff in the Team and contributing to Team meetings and exchanging information and ideas.
- To comply with all necessary training and any work associated with it
Minimum AAB at A Level and 8 GCSES A*-C or equivalent qualifications
- Competent Microsoft Word skills
- Competent Excel Word skills
- Great attention to detail
We are offering the Level 3 Certificate of Higher Education in Legal Services, which is equivalent to the first year of an undergraduate university degree. As an apprentice, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge required for a paralegal or litigation assistant role here at Kennedys. Following this, apprentices that would like to continue their learning may have the opportunity to join the Level 7 apprenticeship, which enables you to gain an LLB (Hons) degree in legal practice and could