In a complex, commercial and global business such as ours, a world class Finance function is pivotal to success. Our Finance Business Partners are at the heart of strategic and operational decision-making and work across the Tata Group. Our Centralised Accounting and Transactional Operations teams provide consistently high quality, efficient services with a strong emphasis on continuous improvement.
Our in-house experts in the fields of Business Reporting & Planning, Reporting & Group Control, Taxation, Internal Audit, Treasury and Mergers & Acquisitions provide cutting edge specialist advice wherever it is required.
As part of the Tata Steel Europe Finance Apprentice Scheme you will have a unique opportunity to gain a broad experience across the diverse areas of the Finance function. Your time on the Apprentice Scheme will be spent in Port Talbot where the Finance Headquarters of Tata Steel Europe is located.
- You’ll need to have 5 GCSEs or equivalent (including English, Maths and Science) at Grades A* - C or level 4-9
- 3 A’ Levels at Grades A* - C or equivalent (preferably in relevant subjects. Ideally Accounting).
You will also need to have a passion for Finance, be highly numerate and possess excellent analytical and communication skills. An inquisitive mind and a creative approach to problem solving will also be essential.
Finance Apprenticeship Programme Summary:
Professional training to complete AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians) to Level 4 will be provided over the 3 year apprenticeship, in association with Neath Port Talbot College, which will be supplemented by internal training programmes.
Additionally, strong candidates will be supported and encouraged to move onto Professional qualifications, either CIMA or ACCA, once AAT is complete.
The majority of your time in your first year of the scheme will be spent gaining experience within the core area of Transactional processes. You will then lay the foundations for your career with placements opportunities in the areas of:
- General ledger accounting
- Manufacturing accounting and reporting
- Sales & Marketing accounting and reporting
- Business Partnering
- Specialist areas e.g. Business Reporting & Planning, Reporting & Group Control, Taxation, Internal Audit, Treasury and Mergers & Acquisitions
We will provide highly competitive study support as you work towards an AAT professional qualification. When you have complete our finance apprentice scheme you will be AAT qualified with extensive experience that will be the springboard for your future career with one of the world’s most geographically diversified steel producers.
Package and benefits
As well as your starting salary of £12,600, Tata Steel offers a very competitive package - that recognises your contribution to our business and supports you in your professional development. This includes:
- nationally recognised qualifications
- employment opportunities and progression
- ongoing Tata Steel training, which has built a reputation as one of the best within the industry.
- One of the UK’s leading defined contribution pension schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted shopping with various local and national retailers and services including Vodafone, Nandos, Virgin Holidays, Jaguar Land Rover, asos.
For further information please visit our website www.tatasteeleurope.com/en/careers/uk/apprentices