Join our 2.5-year Higher Level Procurement and Supply Chain Apprenticeship and gain the essential skills, knowledge, and experience for an exciting future career in procurement and supply chain management.
About the programme
Whether designing, building, operating, managing, or maintaining vital equipment, one thing is certain – procurement and supply chain management lies at the heart of our operations and plays a pivotal role in our business success.
From day one we will assign you a mentor who understands your business area and can guide you through your development programme. With support from your line manager and our Early Careers team, you'll get opportunities to work on interesting projects, meet key stakeholders, and deliver outputs that make a real difference.
Rotating through our materials, logistics, category management and contract functions, you'll develop a broad range of skills in:
- Strategic sourcing and procurement
- Supplier relationship management
- Inventory and warehouse management
- Transportation logistics
- Contract development and monitoring
- Financial tracking and reporting
On each placement, you’ll interact with multiple teams and develop an understanding of how the Procurement and Supply Chain function operates at Babcock.
Your days will be varied as you carry out a range of responsibilities from placing purchase orders with suppliers, to managing supplier order books and sending requests for quotations. Everything you do will help the business and our customers deliver essential products and services around the world.
This is an amazing opportunity to work on real projects to equip the Royal Navy fleet and play an integral role in creating a safe and secure world. With mentoring and on-the-job training, the vast knowledge you’ll build from these experiences will equip you with some of the most in-demand skills right now.
You'll study towards obtaining a Level 4 Diploma in Procurement & Supply from the prestigious Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
This comprehensive programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to excel in the field of procurement and supply chain management.
What you’ll need
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C/4 or above, including maths and English.
- 3 A-Levels grades A-C.
- Many of our early careers roles are subject to Security Clearance and Trade Control restrictions which mean that your place of birth, nationality, citizenship, or residency you hold or have held may impact which roles you are eligible for. Further details are available at United Kingdom Security Vetting: clearance levels – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk). For our early careers roles, you must be able to achieve BPSS (Baseline security) and many of them require you to be eligible for full Security Clearance.
What you’ll get
We will provide you with a supportive and engaging environment where you can grow your career.
In addition, you’ll benefit from:
● Fully funded qualification
● Personal development training and opportunities
● Minimum 28 days holiday allowance including bank holidays
● Competitive pension scheme
● Employee share scheme
● Flexible benefits including cycle to work scheme and employee shopping savings portal
You’ll also have the chance to get involved in our STEM outreach activities and volunteering opportunities, which our apprentices find incredibly rewarding.
Your career development
It’s hard to beat the variety of fantastic opportunities and business experiences you’ll receive. You can expect real world encounters and exposure to exciting projects that will really help you navigate where you want to take your career.
Plus, when you join us, you’ll be automatically enrolled onto our Apprentice Development Programme. Through a series of digital and face to face sessions, presented by wellbeing and performance experts and our external partners, we will equip you with the knowledge and tools you need to thrive and perform at your very best on your programme and beyond.
Please be aware that if there is a high level of interest in this programme, applications may close earlier than advertised. To give yourself the best chance of being considered for a place on this programme, please submit your application as early as possible.