SALARY: £12,526 starting salary increasing every year, 25 days holiday, staff discounts.
Safety is paramount, we all need safety every day. So why not take an opportunity of a lifetime to kick-start your career with the Safety Apprenticeship at Unilever? Do you have the passion and state of mind for safety? The Unilever Safety Apprenticeship is your opportunity to a career in one of our world-class factories. Don’t delay, apply today!
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
As a Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) Technician, you will assist to develop, review and check on the implementation of safe systems of work. Completion of the programme will ensure you have the knowledge and skills to work effectively as part of a world-class team as a SHE Technician.
You will work with the management and delivery team in our world-class factory to advise on the statutory health, safety and environmental requirements as they affect the company’s operations. You will support the management team in ensuring that the legal and company SHE requirements are implemented. You will assist to develop implementation, deliver training, investigate incidents, analyse data and present findings to the management team. You will engage with all aspects of the organisation to support the embedment of a culture that ensures everyone is able to return to their family and friends unharmed every day whilst also protecting and enhancing the global land, air and water resources for future generations.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMME:
Our up-and-coming apprentices follow a two and a half year Development Road Map which incorporates the National Apprenticeship Standard as well as the Unilever specific modules and personal development programme
Our exciting programme will allow you to become a Safety Technician for a global organisation and you will be able to join the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) at TechIOSH level upon completion. This apprenticeship leads to achieving the Level 3 Safety, Health and Environment Standard and to a National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety (NEBOSH).
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
As well as ongoing training, you’ll experience real-life business challenges with some of our best-known global brands, where your energy and unique way of thinking will have a real impact. The apprenticeship will give you the confidence and ongoing learning opportunities to set you up for success. Most of our apprentices go on to get a job or explore higher learning opportunities at Unilever.
All our apprentices receive a competitive salary and fantastic benefits, including 25 days of holiday (plus bank holidays), big discounts on Unilever products, a workplace pension and a personalised induction programme. In some of our workplaces, we also have a subsidised café, gym, sports clubs and social activities. You can even get free ice cream. Yum!
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above in Maths or Physical Science (Physics, Chemistry). Desirable to A Level or equivalent; please state your predicted grade in your application if you have yet to receive your result.
- This is the next step in your career and with it comes accountability and responsibility. You will be working while you study and you will need to show you have the commitment and initiative to manage the pressures that this will bring.
- You should have a passion to succeed and an ability to meet deadlines both at work and with your studies. You should be prepared to take on challenging work outside of your comfort zone.
- Applicants must be passionate and enthusiastic.
- You’ll be an individual with plenty of drive and self-motivation who enjoys working within a team.
- You must also be eligible to work in the UK.
Start date: September 2019
Unilever is a global Fast-Moving Consumer Goods company in the UK and Ireland. We are already on target to achieve our huge ambition to double the size of our business globally whilst reducing our environmental impact. We are growing our business and also doing what is right for our consumers, community and environment. We are developing brands for people’s lives today and for the changing environment tomorrow - making sustainable living commonplace.
Working at Unilever means that you get to take part in this exciting journey and work with amazing people who are really passionate about our large portfolio of famous brands. We want to improve billions of lives and you too can join us in making a sustainable difference.
- The recruitment team will review your application.
- Candidates who are deemed suitable will be asked to complete online testing which will consist of verbal and numerical reasoning
- Based on the candidates test results you will be invited to complete a digital interview
- Upon successful completion you will be invited for an assessment day
- The assessment day will include a face to face interview along with various tests