This Apprenticeship is based in London.
This is a role where you can see the impact of your work every day. Engineering is at the core of our construction business and dictates how we build and deliver our projects. Understanding the construction sequence together with a knowledge of structural behaviour, and the importance of dimensional and quality control can only be gained by working on site with seasoned professionals.
As an apprentice civil engineer, you will work with the project team in the daily control, management and coordination of construction activities to ensure the project is delivered on time, on budget and to the required safety, environmental and quality standards. Your responsibilities will increase throughout the apprenticeship programme as your technical knowledge and skills develop.We have an established career path for engineers to progress to suit your preferences and skills.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside our project engineers and construction managers to develop construction strategies and sequences
- Producing sketches and drawings to clarify construction sequences
- Undertaking concept design of temporary works
- Undertaking site inspections of temporary works
- Undertaking scope reviews of civil and structural tenders
- Assisting in providing design and remedial solutions
- Reviewing and preparing risk assessments and method statements
- Establishing and maintaining secondary dimensional control
- Ensuring appropriate surveys are undertaken
- Checking dimensions of major elements and critical interfaces
- Monitoring surveying and setting out of subcontractors ensuring best practice
- Raising Non Conformance reports
- Monitoring subcontractors to ensure compliance with method statements and inspection test plans
- Carrying out quality control checks
- Assisting package and construction manages with quality issues arising on site
You will be sponsored through a five-year part-time BEng degree in Civil Engineering. We will provide support and mentoring to develop your experience and achieve Incorporated Engineer with The Institution of Civil Engineers.
· 96 UCAS points from A-Levels including passes at A2 in at least 2 subjects, must include Maths minimum grade C
· Or Extended Diploma or Diploma in a related subject grade MMM. Must include Merit in both Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
· Or International baccalaureate diploma with 27 points including a minimum of 15 points at Higher Level and must include Maths and Physics at Higher Level
· C in GCSE Mathematics, English and either Physics or Double Science.