Do you have a head for numbers? We’re looking for someone to join us in safeguarding our assets.
We offer our employees a rewarding and challenging career. In addition to the exciting challenges from your day-to-day role, successful candidates will be provided training on a variety of technical and behavioral topics. You will also work towards acquiring the CIMA / ACCA accounting qualification.
A normal day will differ from role to role, but typically you’ll:
• manage and execute assigned responsibilities, like investigating risk related queries and processing corporate actions
• handle stakeholder or client queries, providing them with transparent information
• some roles may include involvement in strategic initiatives such as those related to regulatory issues, change and communication
You'll be working within Group Finance. Our role is be the guardians of the firm's resources, preparing and issuing regulatory data and reports. And we act as financial experts to the businesses of UBS, including the Investment Bank, Wealth Management and Asset Management. We add value by enhancing controls and simplifying processes.
You need to have completed you’re a-levels or equivalent by September 2019 and achieved 104 UCAS Points along with a level 5/6 in English Language and Maths GCSE. It doesn’t matter what you’re studying. (Really, it doesn’t.) But we’d like to see evidence that you can:
- analyze a problem, take a view and come to a decision
- plan, organize and communicate well
- make things happen
- stick with a task
- work in a team
- come up with ideas
Perhaps you’ve organized a fundraising event or taken part in team sports? Or persevered and passed an exam in a subject you found challenging? Think about how things you’ve achieved match the skills we’re after.
For the first 18 months of your apprenticeship you will be studying towards your AAT Level 3 Assistant Account Apprenticeship. You will then have the opportunity to progress onto various different high level apprenticeship schemes, where you have the potential to gain the equivalent to a bachelors undergraduate degree.
What you could go on to do…
Your career development and professional qualifications don’t stop after the Apprenticeship. Focused and determined individuals will be able to attain further qualifications - equivalent to a degree – and when your training is complete you go on to become a fully qualified accountant, Financial Analyst or Tax/Treasury specialist.
How you will be supported…
You will be supported by a junior member of the sales team together with support from the program, your line manager, team, mentor and HR.
Who we are looking for…
• Genuine interest in financial services
• Driven, hard-working and keen to take on new challenges
• Reliable and strong attention to detail
• Basic knowledge of MS Office
• Eager to solve problems, make things happen, stick with a task and work in a team
• Think about how things you’ve achieved match what we’re after
• Excellent organisational skills & multi tasker
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Strong communication skills with ability to convey information clearly, accurately and succinctly.
• Professional behaviour – dependable, reliable and accountable for own behaviour.